|Release date||20 August 2013 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You will need to harvest more springs to have the chance to find more chronicle fragments.|
|On death||Not reclaimable from gravestone|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine|| Inventory: A fragment of the chronicle of Guthix's past. |
Free: A fragment of a chronicle of Guthix's past.
Chronicle fragments are items gathered by harvesting from any of the wisps within Divination, giving experience in the Hunter skill. A maximum of 10 chronicle fragments can be simultanously possessed, and players can't offer them without having 10 of them. Players will need to offer chronicles to May Stormbrewer or Guthix's resting place (gives 33% more experience but requires The World Wakes quest completion) before gathering more.
Gathering a chronicle fragment gives hunter experience equal to 10× your hunter level.
Around once per minute, each player has a chance that a chronicle fragment will spawn when collecting from wisps, with approximately a 1 in 25 chance. When a chronicle fragment spawns, it will prompt the message "A chronicle escapes from the spring!". It will be temporarily instanced so that only the player for whom it spawned may see it. After a short while, other players will be able to catch it. If you see the message but not the chronicle, it might be stuck under the spring you are harvesting from.
Offering fragments on Guthix's shrine, located in the final chamber of The World Wakes quest, offers the maximum experience. You can arrive at the shrine quickly with the Sixth-Age circuit's teleport option.
A trick to getting chronicles is to have a partner to gather from wisps and when a chronicle appears your partner must not grab it. If they do not grab the chronicle they should keep recieving a chronicle every minute.
The following table shows the divination experience gained from 10 Chronicle fragments at various levels. The experience gained from May Stormbrewer is 75% of that gained from Guthix's shrine, and serves as a good alternative for those who haven't completed The World Wakes.
|Guthix's shrine||May Stormbrewer||Guthix's shrine||May Stormbrewer|
You gather together the chronicle fragments and offer them at the monument. As the chronicle fragments flow from you the following words float into your mind...
- First find balance within yourself.
- Memory and truth are different sides of the same coin.
- Balance is ever changing; what is balance now may not be in times to come.
- Within everyone is the choice, the freedom to embrace cruelty or empathy.
- Sometimes you must lose everything to maintain balance.
- The darkness from the experiences within you is neither good nor evil, unless you choose it to be so.
- Always resist the temptation to forget the painful parts of your past.
- The Universe is ever moving, and you cannot plan the future from past experience.
- Changing your thoughts will change your experiences.
- No-one can live in light all of the time.
- You would need to harvest 15,057 Chronicle fragments to get from 1-99 Hunter.
- At one point, multiple players could each obtain a Chronicle fragment from a single spawn. This was hotfixed to only allowing one player to capture it. Now attempting to do so prompts the message "That chronicle has already been caught."
- Sometimes a player can gather fragments twice from the same chronicle. It is unknown whether this is a glitch.