|Release date||6 December 2011 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||You can get a replacement pair from Diango in Draynor Village.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A free gift for Google Chrome users.|
Chrome goggles were goggles that players received for playing RuneScape on either the Google Chrome browser or the Chromium browser. Players that did not use either of these browsers could receive the item by downloading one of the browsers and using it to play RuneScape once. The goggles were placed in the player's bank when they entered the game. Chrome goggles can be stored in a Toy box in the player's house.
Note that you can no longer obtain Chrome goggles, as they were only available for a month after release.
The goggles give no stat boosts and are used purely for aesthetics. An emote exists for them: Right-clicking the goggles while equipped will display the emote option. In the emote, the goggles project a cyan portal out of which tentacles of a monster appear and grab the player. The player breaks free, and the portal with the tentacles then disappears.
The emote has a 15 second cooldown period, with a reminder, saying: "Please wait a while before using this emote again". After 15 seconds the player receives a message: "You may now use your chrome goggles emote again".
A player wearing chrome goggles
A player performing the emote
|[view] • [talk]|
- Even if a player is no longer a member, if they still have "available" bank space (not surpassing the total limit), the goggles will still be deposited into their bank, even if it's already full.
- Chrome goggles feature all four colours in the Google Chrome logo.
- This is the first non-game or card-related commercial item in game, because players need to have Google Chrome to obtain this item.
- Sometimes the player's hair will disappear when wearing this item.
- It is also possible to obtain these using a modified version of Google Chrome, such as Rockmelt.
- There are ways to acquire chrome goggles without actually using Google Chrome; one such method is user agent spoofing. However, Jagex has asserted that methods such as this are against their rules[ ].
- The examine text is a breaking of the "fourth wall."
- RuneScape determines if you're using Google Chrome based on the user-agent string causing the system to easily be bypassed.
- Chrome goggles currently have a glitch when you wear them with the 'Dragon variant' hairstyle.
- The message given upon receiving the goggles was "Congratulations! By using Google Chrome you qualified for a free gift of chrome goggles! They've been added to your bank for you to collect at your leisure."
Vanity items and membership thanks gifts
|Membership thanks gifts||