|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Yep. Definitely a chicken.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|1 / 0 / 0|
4 ticks (2.4s)
Chickens are a type of bird kept as livestock by farmers, and they are often found inside pens in the farms of Gielinor. Chickens are one of the weakest enemies in RuneScape, with some chickens having the same amount of life points as a mere rat. They are often killed by low-level players training their combat skills, as they have very low Defence and deal hardly any damage. These players can also cook their raw chicken drops, which provide 200 life points each, allowing them to prolong their stay. Chickens, like most birds, count for bird Slayer assignments, which are given by the slayer masters Turael and Spria.
Chickens are the primary source of several useful items, as when they are killed they drop raw chickens, and sometimes eggs for, Cooking and Summoning, bones for Prayer, and 5 to 15 feathers for Fishing or Fletching. Because of this, killing chickens can be somewhat profitable for low-level players.
- Farm across from cow field, north-east of Lumbridge (approximately 9 chickens)
- Fred's farm, across from cabbage field north of Lumbridge (8 chickens)
- Farm south of Falador, north of Port Sarim (8 chickens)
- North-western Entrana (4 chickens)
- Champions' Guild (5 chickens)
- Rellekka (3 chickens and 1 rooster)
- Tai Bwo Wannai (4 chickens)
- Yard of the White Knights' Castle in Falador (1 chicken)
- Peninsula between Witchaven and East Ardougne dock (4 chickens)
- Hemenster, near the Fishing Guild (4 chickens)
- Front yard of the Sinclair Mansion, north of Seers' Village (3 chickens)
- Inside the Barbarian Outpost (3 chickens)
- In front of Miscellania castle (3 chickens and 1 rooster)
- Outside the bank and around the castle on Etceteria (6 chickens and 1 rooster)
- Near the Zanaris entrance to the black dragon lair (2 chickens)
- Around Taverley (6 chickens)
|Key (Treasure Trails)||1||Always||Not sold|
|Feather||5; 10; 15||Common||180–540|
|Cornucopia||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Off-hand rubber chicken||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- ^ Only with the relevant clue in the inventory.
- ^ Always drop from chickens that respawn by dropping from the sky, saying "I have returned!" This is a very rare occurrence.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||17,837|
- At RuneFest 2011, chickens were spawned at the Grand Exchange by a Jagex moderator demonstrating how the rotten potato works.
- A chicken could be found in the basement of the Wizards' Tower before the area received a graphical update on 28 November 2012.