Trader crewmembers stand at the docks of each destination in the Charter ships network, and Trader Stan himself is present at the Port Sarim dock. In addition to allowing players to charter the shipping network, the crewmembers also run Trader Stan's Trading Post, a more versatile and exotic form of a general store which sells many items of interest as well as a few commodities which aren't stocked in specialty stores, such as Tyras helms, which are unavailable anywhere else.
- After completing the Cabin Fever quest, the price between two locations, as displayed below, will lower the charter costs to 50%.
- The Ring of Charos(a) also lowers the charter costs to 50%.
- These cost reductions can be combined to reduce the costs to 25%.
- Another way to reduce the fare is by paying two different fares to your destination, which may be cheaper than purchasing a direct fare. For example, a fare from Port Khazard to Oo'glog is normally 5000gp, by travelling via the Ship Yard, the cost is reduced to 1620gp.
- Another way to reduce the fare, when travelling to or from Port Sarim or Musa Point, is to utilise the ship from Port Sarim to Musa Point to reduce the fare. For example, if travelling from Musa Point to Port Phasmatys, the fare is normally 2900gp. By travelling to Port Sarim and taking the charter ship from there, the cost is reduced to 1330gp.
|Destination||Brimhaven||Catherby||Karamja (Musa Point)||Mos Le'Harmless||Port Khazard||Port Phasmatys||Port Sarim||Ship Yard||Port Tyras||Oo'glog|
|Karamja (Musa Point)||200||480||N/A||225*||400||2900||N/A||200||3200||2000|
|* Since travel to and from Mos Le'Harmless requires Cabin Fever to be completed anyway, the cost is already halved.|
On the charter ship map, the destination labelled 'Karamja' is Musa Point on the island of Karamja. Brimhaven and the Ship Yard, which are also on Karamja, are also charter ship destination on that island.
- Mos Le'Harmless - Cabin Fever
- Oo'glog - As a First Resort...
- Ship Yard - The Grand Tree
- Port Tyras - Regicide
Getting to the charter ships Edit
While travelling by charter ship can be convenient for players who can afford it, it can be a bit time consuming to get to the ship in the first place, as there is no teleport that goes right next to a ship. Some of the quickest ways to get to the ships are:
- The fastest known way is to use the Lunar spell Catherby Teleport, this puts you close to the dock for the Catherby ship. The Catherby Lodestone is also fairly close to the docks.
- Port Sarim Lodestone teleport, then run to the most southern dock.
- Use an Ectophial to go to the Ectofuntus and enter Port Phasmatys. The docks are somewhat near the Port Phasmatys entrance.
- Use a Camelot Teleport and run south-east to Catherby and its docks.
- Use an Ardougne Teleport to go to the Ardougne marketplace, run south to Captain Barnaby and take his boat to Brimhaven. The boat trip arrives at the Brimhaven docks.
- Use the 'cabbageport' teleport ability of the Explorer's ring 3/4 to go to the farm north of Port Sarim and run south to the Port Sarim docks. However, this method takes longer than home teleporting to the Port Sarim Lodestone (even including the ritual time).
- A spirit tree in Port Sarim (similar to the above, but somewhat closer). Planting the spirit tree requires farming 83; using the spirit tree network requires completing the Tree Gnome Village quest.
- The Lunar spell Khazard Teleport takes you to Port Khazard.
- Interestingly, the Crewmembers at the Trading Post used to sell buckets of slime for use with the Ectofuntus. These were previously unobtainable via shops, and many players took advantage of them and bought out all they could. The buckets of slime were later removed by Jagex.
- If you have a Bedsheet covered in slime or are wearing it you can't travel on the boat and the crew will say it is not allowed on the boat when you try to charter the boat.
- There is a glitch when you arrive at your destination on minimum quality graphics, it will be all white around the ship and you will not be able to see the gangplank unless you change your graphics quality to a better setting.