|Release date||2 April 2013 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You can get another from the rewards trader. (100k tokens)|
|Store price|| 100,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||A small, well-presented imp.|
It is strictly an item, not a pet as one might be led to believe.
By default, the imp will simply collect charms that have been dropped. Every time a charm is picked up a message states "The charming imp finds a [colour] charm and puts it in your inventory."
Alternatively, similiar to the bonecrusher automatically yielding Prayer experience and herbicide yielding Herblore experience, the charming imp will convert unwanted charms into Summoning experience if the player chooses the option. This is not recommended as making pouches yields far more experience, unless certain charms are undesirable to one's needs, for example high level summoners may not want to use gold charms because of the low experience or green charms because they are usually more expensive than crimson or blue charms.
A player may right-click on the imp and select Configure, opening a dialogue for options on which charms the player chooses to have the imp automatically collect or convert to experience. The charming imp will only collect the standard gold, green, crimson and blue charms; not special charms that are used as tertiary Summoning ingredients. The charming imp will NOT work on charms received through Lootshare. You CAN keep the charming imp on death, and it is also retrievable from a player's gravestone upon death.
By configuring the imp, a player may choose either of the two options:
- "You can keep ... charms." results in the imp converting any dropped charms into experience.
- "I want the ... charms." results in the imp automatically sending the charms to the player's inventory.
A charming imp will convert every...
- Upon release the charming imp called crimson charms 'red' charms. At the time it was unknown if this was deliberate, but the later patch fix indicates that it was a mistake.
- There is currently a bug; that if lootshare is active, the charming impling will not pick up charms. Instead they will be left on the ground. To fix this, simply log out to lobby, and log back into the game.
- His name is a pun, as he is well-dressed, polite, and associated with charms.
Scroll of life • Scroll of efficiency • Scroll of cleansing • Herbicide • Gem bag • Coal bag • Anti-poison totem • Ring of vigour • Spirit cape • Sneakerpeeper • Charming imp • Dungeoneering experience