Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Charm sprites are fast flying creatures that can be hunted with a Yaktwee stick and Sprite lure, located south-west of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. They require 72 Hunter to be caught (boosts cannot be used). There are 3 different versions of charm sprites:
- Gleaelg (130 experience), yellow smoke trail
- Tranart (200 experience), orange smoke trail
- Slithtils (400 experience), purple smoke trail
When you reveal the charm sprites, one, two, or three will appear. A Gleaelg will always appear; if two charm sprites appear, then it will be both a Gleaelg and Tranart; and if three appear, it will be one of each charm sprite. It is not hard to catch all three if you have quick reactions.
On the 100th, 1,000th and 10,000th capture of each type of sprite you will be notified in the chatbox and it will appear on your adventurer's log (counts separate for each type of sprite). There is only a reward for the 1,000th capture; after you've caught 1,000 charm sprites total (spread across all 3 types) you can upgrade your yaktwee stick to an enhanced yaktwee stick by talking to Yaktwee Swinmari Cianta. The enhanced stick grants you a 5% xp boost in ALL hunter activities in which you can wield the stick. When catching charm sprites it will also increase the amount of rarer sprites found when targeting a neverberry bush.
Hunting the creaturesEdit
To start hunting the sprites, you must first buy a yaktwee stick and Sprite lure from Yaktwee Swinmari Cianta who sells both items for 2000 coins each. He can also store the player's stick and lure, along with a supply of charm slices (up to 15 of the regular slices, and 255 of the mystical ones).
- Target a shaking bush. The player will throw the Spirit Lure close to the bush.
- Immediately target the spirit lure you just threw by clicking it on the ground. This will create a minor explosion that will scare the creatures out of the bush.
- Click on each of the creatures once to catch them. (You don't have to wait between each one, and can click them all as fast as you can. Red sparks will come out of your Yaktwee stick to hit the creatures almost simultaneously. However, if first sprite is too far or blocked by obstacles, causing the player to run to it, clicking on a second sprite may cancel the first catch.)
In the whole area around the Cracked dolmen are Neverberry bushes spread out, which may contain the critters. You have to target a bush that is shaking (Only moving bushes contain the sprites). After throwing a spirit lure next to the bush, "Target" it with your Yaktwee stick. One to three charm sprites will appear and proceed to click them all.
You can easily guess the amount of sprites that will appear from the sound of the spell. If the spell does no sound you didn't manage to click the lure in time before the bush stopped shaking. If a weak swirling sound is played one sprite will be summoned. Medium strong and length swirling sound will spawn two sprites and the longest and loudest sound spawns all three sprites.
You can start targeting a new bush as soon as your lure vanishes from the ground, and for faster xp it is recommended to target a second bush while still catching the sprites.
As long as you start to target your lure (and the animation has started) before the bush stops shaking, it will still release sprites when the lure explodes.
The fastest method for luring charm sprites is as follows:
- Target a neverberry bush
- Target the Sprite Lure
- Target a next neverberry bush (after recovering the Lure)
- Target your charm sprite(s). Just target them as fast as you can, as catching one won't interfere with catching another (or with targeting your Sprite Lure for that matter).
- Target the Sprite Lure (the one you already placed)
Repeat 3-5 for maximum sprites per hour. If your targeted bush has stopped shaking while you were off catching the sprites, do not worry. Just repeat this process from step one and you will be on track again. This method allows for approximately 60,000 Hunter experience per hour at level 72 Hunter.
- The fastest way to get there is by using the Sixth-Age Circuit to teleport to the World Gate and running north-east (requires completion of The World Wakes, Ritual of the Mahjarrat, The Chosen Commander, The Void Stares Back, The Branches of Darkmeyer, The Firemaker's Curse and Fate of the Gods).
- Use the Lodestone teleport to Eagles Peak and walking south-east to the hunter area.
- Another way to get here is by using the Spirit tree teleport to Tree Gnome Stronghold and walking south out of the gate and south-west to the hunter area.
- Another way to get there is to use the Book of Char teleport, then walk south-east. This requires The Firemaker's Curse quest and only works once a day.
When looting charm sprites, you will always receive one of the following:
There is an (estimated) 7% chance of receiving a mystical charm slice in addition to one of the standard slices, which works out at 20-35 an hour if you're hunting efficiently.
Crimson charm slices are the most common and players can receive upwards of 200-240 an hour; with an hourly rate of approximately 120-170 blue slices, 85-100 green slices and 30-55 gold slices.
5 charm slices can be combined together to form a charm. This is a one-click action which will combine all your slices of a particular colour into its respective charm. Mystical charm slices function as wild cards and can be used to finish a charm if you don't have enough charm slices of that type (i.e. you can combine 3 blue charm slices with 2 mystical charm slices to create a blue charm), but can also be combined together to form any coloured charm of the player's choice. When combining coloured slices together, you will be asked if you wish to use mystical charm slices in order to complete any unfinished charms. Accepting this offer will only use the 1-4 mystical charm slices required. You may also use 5 mystical charm slices to create a charm of your choice, however this is not recommended.
It is recommended to use mystical slices to make or finish off blue charms, as blue charms offer the most summoning experience (with the exception of the crimson charm talon beast pouch).
The hourly rate of charms is comparable to waterfiends, although with half the rate of crimson charms in exchange for approximately eight times as many blue charms and three times as many green charms. This high rate of charms, coupled with the relative simplicity of training hunter in the area - particularly given there is no competition between players for resources - and an hourly rate of around 100k hunter experience (may surpass 120k with an enhanced stick and very high focus) makes charm hunting a very good training activity. However, it should be noted that hunting charm sprites often requires a lot of dexterity and possibly stressful clicking.
- The sprites' names are all palindromes.