|Release||8 May 2017 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your event currency? You cannot reclaim it and your daily gathering limit will not be reset.|
|On death||Always kept|
|Examine||These tokens are light as a feather, and sought out by the charity representatives north of Lumbridge crater.|
They functioned in roughly the same way as Zamorakian emblems and similar currencies:
- They could be earned from almost any skilling action, or combat, every 3 minutes, or from completing daily challenges.
- They could be stored in the currency pouch.
- Up to 1,000 could be earned per day, for a total of 14,000 over the whole May 2017 event.
- 10,000 tokens were required to earn all of the rewards, though they could be directly turned into event mystery boxes (250 each) or big event mystery boxes (500 each).
All the remaining tokens were converted into 10 coins each on the beginnings of 24 May and 19 October 2017, as indicated by the in-game message similar to: You have until the 24rd[sic] May to use your Charity Tokens before they disappear!
- Constitution, Prayer or Agility: 27–33 (For Constitution only activities such as Helter Skelter worked; gaining experience in Constitution from combat only counted as killing a monster)
- All other non-combat skills: 22–27
- Killing monsters: 25–30
- Daily challenges: 74–90
- Extended daily challenges: 148–181
Alternatively, charity tokens could be bought for RuneCoins on the Seasonal Event interface Shop tab:
|Charity tokens||RuneCoins||Charity tokens per RuneCoin||Price in terms of bonds|
When a player received charity tokens, they were notified with one of the following messages:
- You find X Charity Tokens and place them in your bank. (When there was no space in your inventory and there were none in your currency pouch.)
- You find X Charity Tokens and place them in your inventory. (When there was space in your inventory and there were none in your currency pouch.)
- You find X Charity Tokens. They are added to your currency pouch. (When there were some already in your currency pouch.)
This was followed by a filterable message:
- You have gathered Y/1000 Charity Tokens for today.
When you obtained your daily limit, the following was shown:
- You have gathered 1000/1000 and have reached your gathering limit for today.
- You can use an event extender token to increase your gathering limit per day. These are available for purchase from the event store.
Ironman players could obtain and convert charity tokens just like regular players, but they would only receive cosmetic rewards. Once all cosmetic rewards had been claimed, Ironmen would no longer be able to convert additional charity tokens.
There were several methods of idly collecting tokens in Prifddinas, such as balancing on the Serenity posts in the Hefin district, pickpocketing elven clan workers, playing the harps in the Ithell district, mining Seren stones in the Trahaearn district or fishing at the Prifddinas Waterfall.