|Release date||27 January 2003 (Update)|
|High alch||27 coins|
|Low alch||18 coins|
|Store price|| 45 coins coins|
|Exchange price||498 coins (info)|
|Examine||A lump of charcoal.|
Charcoal can be bought from the following stores:
- Jiminua's Jungle Store in Tai Bwo Wannai
- Obli's General Store in Shilo Village
- Gunslik's Assorted Items in Keldagrim
Besides obtaining charcoal from stores its also possible to obtain charcoal from the following places.
- Searching through a Specimen tray in the Digsite, with a Specimen jar in the player's inventory. (easiest and cheapest way)
- Searching Laura's house in Past A in the Meeting History quest, though this cannot be taken out.
- Searching the crates just past 50% Luke on Braindeath Island.
- Searching the cupboard inside the room with Silif and Akrisae in the White Knight's Castle.
Charcoal is or can be used in the following quests:
- Darkness of Hallowvale
- Desert Treasure
- Digsite Quest
- Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains
- Legends Quest
- Meeting History
- Recipe for Disaster (Goblin Generals)
- Rocking Out
- Shilo Village (quest)
- While Guthix Sleeps
- Zogre Flesh Eaters
- During the 2012 Christmas event, Charcoal could be obtained from trading the Gift of Giving with other players.
- Although being a tradeable non-members item, it has hardly any uses for free-to-play players.
- Charcoal could also be obtained from the Winter Weekends.
- Some dead trees in the Wilderness used to give charcoal instead of logs when chopped.