|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price|| 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||This staff makes destructive spells more powerful.|
A chaotic staff is a two-handed magic weapon released with the Dungeoneering skill on 12 April 2010. The staff requires a Magic level of 80 and a Dungeoneering level of 80 to wield. If training exclusively through running dungeons in Daemonheim, two million Dungeoneering experience is required to attain the 200,000 dungeoneering tokens needed to purchase this item. Tokens obtained through Sinkholes and Sagas may allow players to attain it with fewer than 2 million experience.
After approximately 10 hours of combat, the chaotic staff will degrade completely and must be recharged before it may be used again; it has a 20% charge on purchase. Once these charges have been used up, the weapon can be recharged for a fee by the rewards trader. To do so, right-click on him and select "Recharge" with the depleted weapon in your inventory. There are two methods of recharging: cash or a combination of cash and dungeoneering tokens.
A player wielding a chaotic staff
|[view] • [talk]|
Repair costs Edit
When first bought, the weapon is 20% charged. Repair costs come in 1% increments; you can repair them whenever there's at least 1% charge missing.
- 100% charged (Fully charged) – no cost.
- 99% charged – 20,000 coins or 2,000 coins and 200 tokens.
- 90% charged – 200,000 coins or 20,000 coins and 2,000 tokens.
- 20% charged (After buying) – 1,600,000 coins or 160,000 coins and 16,000 tokens.
- 0% charged (No charge) – 2,000,000 coins or 200,000 coins and 20,000 tokens.
Comparison with other magical weaponsEdit
|Name||Levels to equip||Cost||Damage||Accuracy||Notes|
|Dominion staff||90||Free reward||0||2458||
|Greater runic staff||75|
|Staff of light||75|
|Enhanced ancient staff||70|
|Elite desert diary||0||1694|
- It should be noted that the 10 hours of combat that all chaotic items last for, are measured in 1 game tick (600 ticks per 1%) per attack made AND received. It is thus possible to have your Chaotic items degrade at faster rates if you are under attack from multiple enemies, or get attacked by enemies with fast attack rates like scarab swarms.
- The chaotic staff used to cost 400,000 Dungeoneering tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- If dropped in the Wilderness, a player receives 40,000 coins.
- The chaotic staff looks very similar to a celestial catalytic staff.
Ahrim's • Ancient Enhanced • Blisterwood • Broken • Caitlin's • Crozier • Dominion • Dramen • Iban's • Lunar • MindspikeTower • Penance trident • Pharaoh's sceptre • Polypore • Rod of Ivandis • Sacred clay • Skull sceptre • Slayer's • Staff of Armadyl • Staff of light • StarfireStarfury • Third-age druidic • Toktz-mej-tal • Wizards' Tower Zuriel's corrupt