|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You will need to buy another one from the rewards trader at Daemonheim. Destroying this item will refund 50% of the token price.|
|Store price|| 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||A large metal shield.|
The chaotic kiteshield is a melee shield released with the Dungeoneering skill on 12 April 2010. The shield requires a Defence level of 80 and a Dungeoneering level of 80 to wield, and may be obtained from the rewards trader at Daemonheim for 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens. It is the melee companion to the eagle-eye kiteshield and farseer kiteshield. The chaotic kiteshield is currently the second strongest melee shield outside of Daemonheim, succeeded only by the malevolent kiteshield.
A player wielding a chaotic kiteshield.
|80 , 80||Yes|
|[view] • [talk]|
Degradation and repairEdit
The chaotic kiteshield has 30,000 charges of combat (a minimum time of 5 hours). Once the charges run out, it will break and become unusable until repaired by the rewards trader at Daemonheim. When first purchased, it will have a 20% charge. Repairs are made incrementally in 1% portions, and the cost of recharging can be paid in two ways: coins, or a combination of coins and dungeoneering tokens.
- 99% charged – 20,000 or 2,000 and 200
- 90% charged – 200,000 or 20,000 and 2,000
- 20% charged (initial charge) – 1,600,000 or 160,000 and 16,000
- 0% charged (broken) – 2,000,000 or 200,000 and 20,000
- On the day of its release, the chaotic kiteshield's stats were very similar to those of the dragonfire shield, including an offensive damage bonus. A few hours later, it was adjusted to be superior to the dragonfire shield.
- Prior to an update on 21 April 2010, the chaotic kiteshield cost 400,000 Dungeoneering tokens.
- Along with the eagle-eye kiteshield and farseer kiteshield, the chaotic kiteshield was the first item in the game to feature damage soaking. It was originally believed to soak 10% of melee damage and 20% of Ranged damage, as stated in the Knowledge Base, but Mod Ash confirmed on September 11 2010 that the shield actually soaked 7% of melee damage and 14% of Ranged damage.