|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You will need to buy another one from the rewards trader at Daemonheim. Destroying this item will refund 50% of the token price.|
|Examine||A large metal shield.|
The chaotic kiteshield is a melee shield which requires level 80 Defence and Dungeoneering, and may be obtained from the rewards trader at Daemonheim for 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens. It is the melee companion to the eagle-eye kiteshield and farseer kiteshield. The chaotic kiteshield is currently the second strongest melee shield outside of Daemonheim, succeeded only by the malevolent kiteshield.
|80 , 80||30,000 charges|
|Armour||384||PvM: 8%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||385||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Degradation and repairEdit
The chaotic kiteshield has 30,000 charges of combat (a minimum time of 5 hours). Once the charges run out, it will break and become unusable until repaired by the rewards trader at Daemonheim. When first purchased, it will have a 20% charge. Repairs are made incrementally in 1% portions, and the cost of recharging can be paid in two ways: coins, or a combination of coins and Dungeoneering tokens.
|99%||20,000||2,000 and 200|
|90%||200,000||20,000 and 2,000|
|20%||1,600,000||160,000 and 16,000|
|0%||2,000,000||200,000 and 20,000|
All repair costs are reduced by 5% if Daemonheim aura 3 has been earned.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
|4 × Shifting components||100%|
- On the day of its release, the chaotic kiteshield's stats were very similar to those of the dragonfire shield, including an offensive damage bonus. A few hours later, it was adjusted to be superior to the dragonfire shield.
- Prior to an update on 21 April 2010, the chaotic kiteshield cost 400,000 Dungeoneering tokens.
- Along with the eagle-eye kiteshield and farseer kiteshield, the chaotic kiteshield was the first item in the game to feature damage soaking. It was originally believed to soak 10% of melee damage and 20% of Ranged damage, as stated in the Knowledge Base, but Mod Ash confirmed on 11 September 2010 that the shield actually soaked 7% of melee damage and 14% of Ranged damage.