|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You will need to buy another one from the rewards trader at Daemonheim. Destroying this item will refund 50% of the token price.|
|Examine||A large metal shield.|
The chaotic kiteshield is a melee shield released with the Dungeoneering skill on 12 April 2010. The shield requires a Defence level of 80 and a Dungeoneering level of 80 to wield, and may be obtained from the rewards trader at Daemonheim for 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens. It is the melee companion to the eagle-eye kiteshield and farseer kiteshield. The chaotic kiteshield is currently the second strongest melee shield outside of Daemonheim, succeeded only by the malevolent kiteshield.
|80 , 80||30,000 charges|
|Armour||384||PvM: 8%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||385||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Degradation and repairEdit
The chaotic kiteshield has 30,000 charges of combat (a minimum time of 5 hours). Once the charges run out, it will break and become unusable until repaired by the rewards trader at Daemonheim. When first purchased, it will have a 20% charge. Repairs are made incrementally in 1% portions, and the cost of recharging can be paid in two ways: coins, or a combination of coins and Dungeoneering tokens.
|99%||20,000||2,000 and 200|
|90%||200,000||20,000 and 2,000|
|20%||1,600,000||160,000 and 16,000|
|0%||2,000,000||200,000 and 20,000|
All repair costs are reduced by 5% if Daemonheim aura 3 has been earned.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
|4 × Shifting components||100%|
- On the day of its release, the chaotic kiteshield's stats were very similar to those of the dragonfire shield, including an offensive damage bonus. A few hours later, it was adjusted to be superior to the dragonfire shield.
- Prior to an update on 21 April 2010, the chaotic kiteshield cost 400,000 Dungeoneering tokens.
- Along with the eagle-eye kiteshield and farseer kiteshield, the chaotic kiteshield was the first item in the game to feature damage soaking. It was originally believed to soak 10% of melee damage and 20% of Ranged damage, as stated in the Knowledge Base, but Mod Ash confirmed on September 11 2010 that the shield actually soaked 7% of melee damage and 14% of Ranged damage.