|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You will need to buy another one from the rewards trader at Daemonheim. Destroying this item will refund 50% of the token price.|
|A small crossbow, only effective at short distance.|
The chaotic crossbow is a ranged weapon released with the Dungeoneering skill on 12 April 2010. Priced at 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens and requiring 80 Ranged and Dungeoneering to wield, it can fire all bolts except bolt racks. It has an off-hand counterpart, and when used with it, it offers damage equal to the royal crossbow and the attuned crystal chakram with its off-hand counterpart.
Interval: 2.4 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
|4 × Shifting components|
Degradation and repairEdit
The chaotic crossbow has 30,000 charges of combat (a minimum time of 5 hours). Once the charges run out, it will break and become unusable until repaired by the rewards trader at Daemonheim. When first purchased, it will have a 20% charge. Repairs are made incrementally in 1% portions, and the cost of recharging can be paid in two ways: coins, or a combination of coins and Dungeoneering tokens.
- 99% charged – 20,000 or 2,000 and 200
- 90% charged – 200,000 or 20,000 and 2,000
- 20% charged (initial charge) – 1,600,000 or 160,000 and 16,000
- 0% charged (broken) – 2,000,000 or 200,000 and 20,000
All repair costs are reduced by 5% if Daemonheim aura 3 has been earned.
Comparison with other Ranged weaponsEdit
|Seren godbow||92||490,875,990||2577 (92)|
|Noxious longbow||90||150,112,652||2458 (90)|
|Wyvern crossbow||85||70,399,073||2178 (85)||
|Strykebow|| 85 |
|Royal crossbow|| 80 |
|Zaryte bow||80||18,188,065||1924 (80)|
|Attuned crystal bow|| 80 |
| Attuned crystal weapon seed|
2000 Harmonic dust
|Sunspear (ranged)|| 78 |
River of Blood
| Free after River of Blood quest|
600,000 to reclaim
|Hand cannon|| 75 |
|Ascension crossbow and off-hand||90|| 53,709,559 (main-hand)|
|Shadow glaive and off-hand||85||18,833,563||2458 (90)|
|Death lotus dart and off-hand|| 85 |
| Ancient bones|
Ascension shard (25)
|Attuned crystal chakram and off-hand|| 80 |
| 2 Attuned crystal weapon seed|
2000 Harmonic dust
|Chaotic crossbow and off-hand|| 80 |
| 200,000 (main-hand)|
|Armadyl crossbow and off-hand||75||2,713,858 (main-hand)|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- The chaotic crossbow used to cost 400,000 Dungeoneering tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- Chaotic crossbows, along with all other chaotic weapons/shields, will stack in the bank as long as they are on the same charge. For example, two chaotic crossbows with 24% charge and 11% charge will not stack, but two chaotic crossbows with 24% will.
- The examine says 'A small crossbow, only effective at short distance', but it's larger than a regular crossbow, and hits accurately regardless of distance.