|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Players may bring a Macaw to help improve their herb drops.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 150k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 46)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 238
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 538–1,076 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 60–120 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 55–110 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 196–392 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,869–9,738 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 2,831–5,662 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 2,747–5,494 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 1,965–3,930 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 10,458–20,916 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 11,777–23,554 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 3,372–6,744 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 5,938–11,876
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 696 Body rune 9 Common 36 Air rune 9–36 Common 261–1,044 Earth rune 9 Common 108 Mind rune 12 Common 48 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 846
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 62–372 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 44 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 15 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 6 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 60 Snape grass 1 Rare 641 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 147 Iron helm 1 Very rare 16 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 189
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth improves the chances when equipped but is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450, 3,000, 9,000, 10,000, 12,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,704 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,279 Uncut ruby 1 Common 4,684 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 8,789 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 24,351 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 39,334 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 17,039 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,245 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,920 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,221 Rune javelin 5 Rare 890 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,060 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,508 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,066 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,549 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 846,000 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,304 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,548 Shield left half 1 Very rare 66,362 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,089 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 12,600 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,279,050 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,350–74,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,513,600 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 3,995,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 3,286,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 89,088 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 10,794 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 16,525–23,135 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 83,075–116,305 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 99 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 125 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 10,500–315,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,640–22,560 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,540 Law rune 45 Rare 15,660 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 4,850–11,737 Blood rune 50 Rare 11,550 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 37,875–303,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 442,500–885,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 83,250–277,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 24,600–1,230,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 463,350–2,471,200 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,300 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,027,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,826,000–26,782,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 13,015–1,952,250 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 67,221 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 107,750–1,077,500 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 138,120–552,480 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 60,550–605,500 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 52,250 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 9,048 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 73,961–3,698,050 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 160,090–1,120,630 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,519,520 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,522 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 19,899–616,869 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,084 Yew logs 100–20,000 (noted) Rare 48,700–9,740,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.