|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 100k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 32)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 422
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 734–1,468 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 116–232 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 41–82 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 162–324 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,697–9,394 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 3,011–6,022 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 4,544–9,088 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 3,089–6,178 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 9,100–18,200 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 9,404–18,808 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 2,305–4,610 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 9,721–19,442
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 748 Body rune 9 Common 135 Air rune 9–36 Common 306–1,224 Earth rune 9 Common 198 Mind rune 12 Common 96 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 888
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 82–492 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 46 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 32 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 17 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 102 Snape grass 1 Rare 395 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 2,788 Iron helm 1 Very rare 19 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 341
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,630 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,850 Uncut ruby 1 Common 4,277 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,385 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 18,922 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 41,268 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,408 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,629 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,624 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,226 Rune javelin 5 Rare 870 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,220 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,495 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,537 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,913 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 831,200 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,333 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,933 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,320 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,209 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 14,400 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,266,300 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,800–76,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,599,200 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 105,870 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 14,606 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 80,225–112,315 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 80,425–112,595 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 972 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 373 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 10,500–315,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,920–23,680 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,960 Law rune 45 Rare 16,830 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 10,050–24,321 Blood rune 50 Rare 15,650 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 52,000–416,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 456,500–913,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 106,800–356,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 38,250–1,912,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 350,250–1,868,000 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,500 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,122,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,625,000–25,375,000 Rune bar 1, 50 (noted) Rare 14,305–715,250 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 126,650–1,266,500 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 151,680–606,720 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 101,620–1,016,200 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,980 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 70,730–3,536,500 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 133,805–936,635 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,329,300 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,617 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 20,950–8,380,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.