|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 100k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 32)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 345
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 718–1,436 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 94–188 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 35–70 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 165–330 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,356–8,712 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 2,789–5,578 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 4,497–8,994 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 3,038–6,076 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 8,906–17,812 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 9,828–19,656 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 2,130–4,260 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 8,712–17,424
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 620 Body rune 9 Common 72 Air rune 9–36 Common 180–720 Earth rune 9 Common 144 Mind rune 12 Common 72 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 840
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 104–624 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 52 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 30 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 16 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 99 Snape grass 1 Rare 335 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 2,202 Iron helm 1 Very rare 20 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 297
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,318 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,707 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,697 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,310 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 17,967 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 39,712 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,617 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,122 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,403 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,180 Rune javelin 5 Rare 875 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,200 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,208 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,355 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,123 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 820,150 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,211 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,544 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,258 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,109 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 16,600 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,263,150 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,500–75,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,591,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 89,644 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,788 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 100,500–140,700 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 100,675–140,945 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 1,004 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 277 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 9,000–270,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,600–22,400 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,400 Law rune 45 Rare 13,950 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 9,000–21,780 Blood rune 50 Rare 14,300 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 49,250–394,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 438,500–877,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 91,350–304,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 35,550–1,777,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 268,500–1,432,000 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,500 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,114,100 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,000,000–21,000,000 Rune bar 1, 50 (noted) Rare 14,228–711,400 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 134,025–1,340,250 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 129,150–516,600 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 89,700–897,000 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,967 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 69,344–3,467,200 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 116,711–816,977 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,147,970 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,574 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 20,650–8,260,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.