|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|Combat level|| 46|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Players may bring a Macaw to help improve their herb drops.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 150k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 46)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 330
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 515–1,030 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 80–160 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 40–80 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 206–412 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,642–9,284 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 3,002–6,004 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 2,898–5,796 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 3,116–6,232 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 9,507–19,014 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 10,082–20,164 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 2,034–4,068 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 6,463–12,926
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 592 Body rune 9 Common 54 Air rune 9–36 Common 306–1,224 Earth rune 9 Common 117 Mind rune 12 Common 60 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 1,023
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 76–456 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 59 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 18 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 9 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 107 Snape grass 1 Rare 516 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 599 Iron helm 1 Very rare 18 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 226
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,378 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,036 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,236 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,687 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 21,945 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 42,746 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 14,154 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,379 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,692 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,227 Rune javelin 5 Rare 865 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,120 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,388 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,420 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,619 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 834,600 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,297 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,642 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,789 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,658 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 11,400 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,262,850 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,650–75,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,616,800 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,647,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,158,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 138,893 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 11,420 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 36,525–51,135 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 55,825–78,155 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 526 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 517 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 6,000–180,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,820–27,280 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,820 Law rune 45 Rare 13,320 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 5,850–14,157 Blood rune 50 Rare 11,000 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 41,625–333,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 421,250–842,500 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 89,100–297,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 28,800–1,440,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 370,950–1,978,400 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 10,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,087,000 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,393,000–23,751,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 13,043–1,956,450 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 102,531 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 107,925–1,079,250 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 123,780–495,120 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 65,440–654,400 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 98,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,721 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 70,800–3,540,000 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 162,101–1,134,707 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,056,850 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,366 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 18,434–571,454 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,962 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 27,200–10,880,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.