|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 100k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 32)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 372
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 742–1,484 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 97–194 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 36–72 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 171–342 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,594–9,188 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 2,858–5,716 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 4,870–9,740 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 3,076–6,152 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 9,057–18,114 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 10,191–20,382 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 2,175–4,350 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 7,765–15,530
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 520 Body rune 9 Common 63 Air rune 9–36 Common 171–684 Earth rune 9 Common 117 Mind rune 12 Common 72 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 792
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 112–672 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 53 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 28 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 16 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 97 Snape grass 1 Rare 322 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 2,035 Iron helm 1 Very rare 20 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 300
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,337 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,727 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,732 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,516 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 18,501 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 42,045 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 16,126 Dragonstone 1 Rare 9,935 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,481 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,122 Rune javelin 5 Rare 910 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,220 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,457 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,462 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,410 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 824,050 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,334 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,815 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,696 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,069 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 19,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,264,500 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,500–75,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,617,200 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 89,113 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,090 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 97,875–137,025 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 94,875–132,825 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 1,040 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 242 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 7,500–225,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,280–21,120 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,820 Law rune 45 Rare 11,700 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 7,800–18,876 Blood rune 50 Rare 12,500 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 48,250–386,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 468,750–937,500 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 95,400–318,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 35,550–1,777,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 289,050–1,541,600 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,700 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,116,500 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,156,000–22,092,000 Rune bar 1, 50 (noted) Rare 14,196–709,800 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 131,950–1,319,500 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 128,460–513,840 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 79,830–798,300 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 6,426 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 66,686–3,334,300 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 128,280–897,960 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,056,680 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,784 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 20,100–8,040,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.