|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.2 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley Edgeville and Yanille dungeon. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Players may bring a Macaw to help improve their herb drops.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 150k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix activity (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 13)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 91
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 332–664 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 56–112 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 157–314 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 463–926 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 3,940–7,880 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 1,721–3,442 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 2,183–4,366 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 2,187–4,374 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 7,886–15,772 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 9,330–18,660 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 2,015–4,030 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 9,232–18,464
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 380 Body rune 9 Common 45 Air rune 9–36 Common 117–468 Earth rune 9 Common 99 Mind rune 12 Common 48 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 348
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 80–480 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 16 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 23 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 4 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 56 Snape grass 1 Rare 311 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 208 Iron helm 1 Very rare 11 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 265
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster drops items from the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth improves the chances if equipped but is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250; 381; 450; 3,000; 9,000; 12,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,107 Uncut emerald 1 Common 1,903 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,112 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 7,034 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 11,742 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,052 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 12,885 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,585 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,976 Rune javelin 5 Rare 1,215 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,320 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,933 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,988 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,917 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 848,800 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,727 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,404 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,284 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,501 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 19,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,297,050 Rune arrow 150–200; 500 Rare 29,850–199 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,680,000 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,587,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,723,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 91,765 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 5,311 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 19,025–26,635 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 47,950–67,130 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 177 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 193 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 34,000–1,020,000 Nature rune 47–77 Rare 5,452–8,932 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,480 Law rune 45 Rare 8,550 Death rune 50; 121 Rare 167 Blood rune 50 Rare 13,900 Raw swordfish 125 – 250; 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 36,250–290 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 256,500–513,000 Big bones 150 – 500 (noted) Uncommon 67,350–224,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 38,250–1,912,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 214,650–1,144,800 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,100 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,056,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 2,824,000–19,768,000 Rune bar 1,50,150 (noted) Rare 13,069–1,960,350 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 75,900 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 88,175–881,750 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 106,230–424,920 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 94,140–941,400 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 64,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,859 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 60,155–3,007,750 Magic seed 1–6 Rare 164,810–988,860 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,043,290 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,127 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 50,268–1,558,308 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,000 Yew logs 100–20,000 (noted) Rare 53,600–10,720,000
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.