|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|XP per kill||50.4 (and 16.6 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 100k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 32)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 151
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 428–856 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 127–254 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 35–70 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 83–166 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 3,957–7,914 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 2,182–4,364 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 3,686–7,372 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 2,631–5,262 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 6,764–13,528 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 6,858–13,716 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 2,026–4,052 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 5,358–10,716
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Law rune 2 Common 868 Body rune 9 Common 387 Air rune 9–36 Common 216–864 Earth rune 9 Common 144 Mind rune 12 Common 156 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 1,092
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 94–564 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 48 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 38 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 19 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 83 Snape grass 1 Rare 173 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 585 Iron helm 1 Very rare 23 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 411
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,082 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,082 Uncut ruby 1 Common 2,850 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,112 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 27,107 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 30,352 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 12,972 Dragonstone 1 Rare 9,961 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,620 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,162 Rune javelin 5 Rare 880 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,240 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,280 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,423 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,781 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,574,600 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,227 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,343 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,602 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,243 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 11,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,258,950 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 95,152 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 10,887 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 65,700–91,980 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 63,100–88,340 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 560 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 416 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 15,000–22,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 21,840–29,120 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,680 Law rune 45 Rare 19,530 Death rune 50 Rare 17,600 Blood rune 50 Rare 24,700 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 55,750–111,500 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 285,000 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 88,500–106,200 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 151,250–192,500 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 198,150–330,250 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 8,800 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,063,600 Rune bar 1 Common 14,177 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 708,850 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 117,530–151,110 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 111,480–130,060 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 87,952–186,898 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 1,445 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 15,733 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,590 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 476,637–1,112,153 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,491,060 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 159,750–195,250 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.