|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 100k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 46)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 337
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 713–1,426 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 73–146 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 36–72 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 194–388 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,998–9,996 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 2,685–5,370 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 4,892–9,784 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 3,111–6,222 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 10,171–20,342 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 12,626–25,252 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 1,753–3,506 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 7,508–15,016
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 642 Body rune 9 Common 36 Air rune 9–36 Common 216–864 Earth rune 9 Common 117 Mind rune 12 Common 60 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 918
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 82–492 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 50 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 24 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 13 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 91 Snape grass 1 Rare 422 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 1,397 Iron helm 1 Very rare 20 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 219
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,532 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,097 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,742 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 7,345 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 18,233 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 41,955 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,529 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,834 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 15,618 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,236 Rune javelin 5 Rare 885 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,160 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,385 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,317 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,385 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 780,900 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,208 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 30,926 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,390 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,477 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 19,400 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,263,000 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 21,450–71,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,621,800 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,565,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,361,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 99,273 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,370 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 82,825–115,955 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 81,850–114,590 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 981 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 409 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 10,000–300,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,120–24,480 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,040 Law rune 45 Rare 14,445 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 7,900–19,118 Blood rune 50 Rare 15,700 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 49,250–394,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 385,000–770,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 92,100–307,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 33,300–1,665,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 366,750–1,956,000 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,800 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,160,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,439,000–24,073,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 14,426–2,163,900 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 106,128 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 122,075–1,220,750 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 145,590–582,360 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 75,440–754,400 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 230,500 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 6,789 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 67,026–3,351,300 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 157,923–1,105,461 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,067,760 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,451 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 24,543–760,833 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 2,464 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 25,200–10,080,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.