|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|Combat level|| 46|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Players may bring a Macaw to help improve their herb drops.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 150k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 46)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 358
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 625–1,250 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 85–170 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 43–86 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 189–378 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,478–8,956 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 2,526–5,052 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 2,344–4,688 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 2,693–5,386 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 9,297–18,594 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 10,845–21,690 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 2,003–4,006 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 5,170–10,340
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 590 Body rune 9 Common 63 Air rune 9–36 Common 360–1,440 Earth rune 9 Common 117 Mind rune 12 Common 60 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 1,017
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 72–432 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 43 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 15 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 6 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 93 Snape grass 1 Rare 534 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 278 Iron helm 1 Very rare 19 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 199
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,745 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,207 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,929 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 8,277 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 26,832 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 43,227 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 17,444 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,940 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,777 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,096 Rune javelin 5 Rare 895 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,000 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,396 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,284 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,432 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 838,850 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,382 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,320 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,625 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 60,925 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 18,600 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,271,250 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,500–75,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,556,000 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 3,075,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,450,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 146,706 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 11,876 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 36,925–51,695 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 72,750–101,850 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 185 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 388 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 8,500–255,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,780–27,120 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,820 Law rune 45 Rare 13,275 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 5,800–14,036 Blood rune 50 Rare 13,750 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 50,875–407,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 450,000–900,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 83,850–279,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 28,200–1,410,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 445,050–2,373,600 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,100 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,057,400 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 4,017,000–28,119,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 13,101–1,965,150 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 92,103 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 100,550–1,005,500 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 114,180–456,720 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 53,310–533,100 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 112,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,941 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 88,291–4,414,550 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 195,100–1,365,700 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,167,440 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,957 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 19,661–609,491 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,372 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 28,950–11,580,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.