|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 100k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 32)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 175
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 495–990 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 95–190 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 37–74 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 134–268 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,594–9,188 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 2,943–5,886 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 3,790–7,580 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 3,357–6,714 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 8,967–17,934 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 9,042–18,084 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 2,405–4,810 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 7,553–15,106
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Law rune 2 Common 782 Body rune 9 Common 306 Air rune 9–36 Common 252–1,008 Earth rune 9 Common 144 Mind rune 12 Common 96 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 870
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 106–636 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 49 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 35 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 18 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 99 Snape grass 1 Rare 273 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 1,049 Iron helm 1 Very rare 21 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 361
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,365 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,872 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,404 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,655 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 30,596 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 36,191 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 14,893 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,151 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,150 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,244 Rune javelin 5 Rare 885 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,240 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,376 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,199 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,181 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,456,000 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,401 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,624 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,211 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 58,935 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 12,400 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,276,950 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 111,748 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 16,593 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 145,850–204,190 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 142,825–199,955 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 809 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 514 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 16,000–24,000 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 17,400–23,200 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,840 Law rune 45 Rare 17,595 Death rune 50 Rare 11,100 Blood rune 50 Rare 22,050 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 56,750–113,500 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 352,000 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 81,600–97,920 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 139,150–177,100 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 263,100–438,500 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 8,700 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,044,100 Rune bar 1 Common 14,355 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 717,750 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 152,880–196,560 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 156,600–182,700 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 125,552–266,798 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,335 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 26,997 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,550 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 416,295–971,355 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,234,780 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 164,700–201,300 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.