|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|Combat level|| 46|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Players may bring a Macaw to help improve their herb drops.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 150k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 46)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 340
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 622–1,244 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 80–160 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 44–88 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 190–380 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,460–8,920 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 2,461–4,922 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 2,343–4,686 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 2,772–5,544 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 9,397–18,794 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 10,847–21,694 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 1,993–3,986 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 5,220–10,440
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 584 Body rune 9 Common 63 Air rune 9–36 Common 360–1,440 Earth rune 9 Common 117 Mind rune 12 Common 60 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 999
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 72–432 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 46 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 15 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 6 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 93 Snape grass 1 Rare 512 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 278 Iron helm 1 Very rare 19 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 199
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,729 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,242 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,955 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 8,358 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 26,385 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 42,768 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 17,430 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,903 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,714 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,010 Rune javelin 5 Rare 895 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,020 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,345 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,186 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 35,862 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 835,700 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,300 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,641 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,502 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 60,902 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 18,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,264,800 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,500–75,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,559,200 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 3,018,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,439,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 145,761 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 11,282 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 35,150–49,210 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 69,600–97,440 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 195 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 385 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 8,500–255,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,660–26,640 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,940 Law rune 45 Rare 13,140 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 5,700–13,794 Blood rune 50 Rare 13,500 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 50,500–404,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 449,250–898,500 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 83,550–278,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 28,350–1,417,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 441,600–2,355,200 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,048,500 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,974,000–27,818,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 13,146–1,971,900 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 94,479 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 101,400–1,014,000 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 112,860–451,440 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 53,280–532,800 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 117,250 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,821 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 86,212–4,310,600 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 190,878–1,336,146 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,174,250 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,952 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 19,282–597,742 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,416 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 28,250–11,300,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.