|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 100k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 32)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 405
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 686–1,372 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 192–384 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 38–76 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 160–320 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,270–8,540 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 2,690–5,380 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 3,651–7,302 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 2,891–5,782 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 8,916–17,832 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 9,050–18,100 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 2,167–4,334 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 8,425–16,850
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 966 Body rune 9 Common 216 Air rune 9–36 Common 225–900 Earth rune 9 Common 180 Mind rune 12 Common 96 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 870
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 110–660 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 44 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 32 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 17 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 113 Snape grass 1 Rare 396 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 2,099 Iron helm 1 Very rare 16 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 357
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,332 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,723 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,596 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,964 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 27,850 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 62,304 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,413 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,486 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,343 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,112 Rune javelin 5 Rare 885 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,220 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,523 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,486 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,048 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 817,150 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,359 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,551 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,022 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 58,997 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 19,000 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,258,200 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,800–76,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,564,200 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 102,171 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 15,482 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 118,125–165,375 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 111,675–156,345 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 978 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 375 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 8,000–240,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,800–23,200 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,860 Law rune 45 Rare 21,735 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 10,750–26,015 Blood rune 50 Rare 16,350 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 49,375–395,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 387,500–775,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 98,700–329,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 37,050–1,852,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 346,800–1,849,600 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,000 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,049,100 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,061,000–21,427,000 Rune bar 1, 50 (noted) Rare 13,926–696,300 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 108,425–1,084,250 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 148,200–592,800 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 86,180–861,800 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,547 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 67,781–3,389,050 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 145,806–1,020,642 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,152,270 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,172 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 19,750–7,900,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.