|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley, Edgeville, and Yanille dungeons. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 100k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix minigame (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 32)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 311
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 639–1,278 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 152–304 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 44–88 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 148–296 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,565–9,130 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 2,581–5,162 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 3,460–6,920 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 3,399–6,798 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 9,329–18,658 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 9,348–18,696 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 2,417–4,834 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 8,815–17,630
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 1,056 Body rune 9 Common 261 Air rune 9–36 Common 252–1,008 Earth rune 9 Common 162 Mind rune 12 Common 84 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 873
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 108–648 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 37 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 33 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 17 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 112 Snape grass 1 Rare 354 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 1,568 Iron helm 1 Very rare 19 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 401
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350;3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,323 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,865 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,437 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,788 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 30,445 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 45,120 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,552 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,564 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,393 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,197 Rune javelin 5 Rare 850 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,260 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,492 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,458 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,374 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,572,400 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,197 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,639 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,814 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,208 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 14,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,267,050 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 101,975 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 16,616 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 133,900–187,460 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 126,900–177,660 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 991 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 346 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 15,000–22,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 17,460–23,280 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,420 Law rune 45 Rare 23,760 Death rune 50 Rare 13,350 Blood rune 50 Rare 18,250 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 50,250–100,500 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 366,250 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 97,650–117,180 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 132,000–168,000 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 324,000–540,000 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,000 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,061,200 Rune bar 1 Common 13,675 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 683,750 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 155,505–199,935 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 141,060–164,570 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 142,912–303,688 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,555 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 41,717 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,023 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 427,980–998,620 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,101,940 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 175,500–214,500 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.