- This article has a strategy guide here.
|Release date||20 February 2006 (Update)|
|XP per kill||1322 (and 436.3 experience)|
|Examine text||pUre A cHaOs of crEatuRe!|
The Chaos Elemental has a combat level of 138 and 10000 life points. It used to be the strongest monster in the Wilderness, overtaking the King Black Dragon, which held the title for 4 years. The Chaos Elemental held the title for another 2 years and 7 months before the introduction of the Corporeal Beast. It is currently the most powerful non-quest monster in the Wilderness.
The Chaos Elemental is almost always hunted in groups because of its dangerous location. It is coveted for the dragon 2h sword it drops, which sells for 1,186,141 coins. It can also drop Ancient Warrior's equipment and ancient artefacts, which can sell anywhere from 5000 to 5 million coins. However, the rate of the PvP items and artefacts is much rarer than when killing Revenants.
The Chaos Elemental is a superb choice of farming Chaos runes, as it drops the highest amount of them out of any monster in RuneScape.
The Chaos Elemental dwells in the members-only section of the Wilderness, just west of the Rogue's Castle. This area is moderately easy to access from the deep Wilderness teleport lever in Ardougne or Edgeville. A Wilderness Obelisk can randomly teleport players southeast of the Rogue's Castle.
The Chaos Elemental's primary attack, a projectile attack, is a series of different colours fired at the target. This attack can deal either magic, ranged, or melee damage - it is impossible to distinguish what damage is dealt until the attack hits. The projectiles hit into the 500s, but it is still suggested that you use Protect from Magic to reduce the chance of being hit, as the projectile deals magic damage most frequently.
It also has two special attacks. The first one teleports players a short space or several spaces away from it. The second attack unequips items that players are wielding, forcing them to take time to re-equip their armour and weapons before continuing the battle. Its attacks will continue to follow the player until impact and can travel through walls.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune sword 1 Uncommon 12,249 Dragon 2h sword 1 Rare 1,186,141 Corrupt dragon battleaxe 1 Very rare 519,092 Corrupt dragon dagger 1 Very rare 45,717 Corrupt dragon longsword 1 Very rare 247,087 Corrupt dragon mace 1 Very rare 57,391 Corrupt dragon scimitar 1 Very rare 464,689 Corrupt dragon spear 1 Very rare 1,616,169 Statius's warhammer 1 Very rare 9,263,954 Vesta's longsword 1 Very rare 13,115,477 Vesta's spear 1 Very rare 4,274,475 Zuriel's staff 1 Very rare 1,100,432 Corrupt statius's warhammer 1 Very rare 3,889,269 Corrupt vesta's longsword 1 Very rare 5,280,635 Corrupt vesta's spear 1 Very rare 431,516 Corrupt zuriel's staff 1 Very rare 256,527
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Corrupt dragon chainbody 1 Very rare 178,601 Corrupt dragon helm 1 Very rare 114,263 Corrupt dragon platelegs 1 Very rare 84,706 Corrupt dragon plateskirt 1 Very rare 71,477 Corrupt dragon sq shield 1 Very rare 75,734 Statius's full helm 1 Very rare 1,980,087 Statius's platebody 1 Very rare 2,202,560 Statius's platelegs 1 Very rare 2,527,041 Vesta's chainbody 1 Very rare 2,916,764 Vesta's plateskirt 1 Very rare 2,614,426 Zuriel's hood 1 Very rare 269,133 Zuriel's robe top 1 Very rare 1,018,217 Zuriel's robe bottom 1 Very rare 779,804 Morrigan's coif 1 Very rare 198,126 Morrigan's leather body 1 Very rare 929,065 Morrigan's leather chaps 1 Very rare 460,481 Corrupt statius's full helm 1 Very rare 1,574,442 Corrupt statius's platebody 1 Very rare 2,555,679 Corrupt statius's platelegs 1 Very rare 2,336,353 Corrupt vesta's chainbody 1 Very rare 3,599,098 Corrupt vesta's plateskirt 1 Very rare 2,619,073 Corrupt zuriel's hood 1 Very rare 42,525 Corrupt zuriel's robe top 1 Very rare 258,069 Corrupt zuriel's robe bottom 1 Very rare 126,812 Corrupt morrigan's coif 1 Very rare 70,565 Corrupt morrigan's leather body 1 Very rare 485,110 Corrupt morrigan's leather chaps 1 Very rare 90,830
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Iron arrow 500, 1,000 Common 4,000–8,000 Mithril dart 400 Common 2,000 Rune arrow 200 Common 39,800 Morrigan's javelin 19–50 Very rare 423,396–1,114,200 Morrigan's throwing axe 19–50 Very rare 311,600–820,000 Corrupt morrigan's javelin 19–50 Very rare 198,037–521,150 C. morrigan's throwing axe 19–50 Very rare 150,461–395,950
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Broken statue headdress 1 Very rare 5,000  Third age carafe 1 Very rare 10,000  Bronzed dragon claw 1 Very rare 20,000  Ancient psaltery bridge 1 Very rare 30,000  Saradomin amphora 1 Very rare 40,000  Bandos scrimshaw 1 Very rare 50,000  Saradomin carving 1 Very rare 75,000  Zamorak medallion 1 Very rare 100,000  Armadyl totem 1 Very rare 150,000  Guthixian brazier 1 Very rare 200,000  Ruby chalice 1 Very rare 250,000  Bandos statuette 1 Very rare 300,000  Saradomin statuette 1 Very rare 400,000  Zamorak statuette 1 Very rare 500,000  Armadyl statuette 1 Very rare 750,000  Seren statuette 1 Very rare 1,000,000  Ancient statuette 1 Very rare 5,000,000 
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q This item has a distinct value, even if it cannot be traded over the Grand Exchange.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Brawling gloves (melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (firemaking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (woodcutting) 1 Very rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Air rune 500 Uncommon 6,500 Chaos rune 250–2,500 Common 10,250–102,500 Death rune 500 Rare 46,500 Blood rune 500 Rare 81,500
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Strength potion (1) 1 Common 248 Antipoison (4) 1 Common 207 Attack potion (1) 1 Common 81 Defence potion (1) 1 Common 168 Plain pizza 3 Common 543 Tuna 5 Common 290 Strange fruit 1–6 Common 212–1,272 Shark 10 Common 8,490 Weapon poison 1 Uncommon 85 Stew 10 Uncommon 6,800 Saradomin brew (2) 5–6 Uncommon 1,525–1,830
Seeds are usually dropped in assortments of 3 seeds, but only a single seed of one kind is also possible.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Wildblood seed 1–3 Common 36–108 Avantoe seed 1–3 Uncommon 1,890–5,670 Limpwurt seed 1–3 Uncommon 971–2,913 Spirit weed seed 1–3 Uncommon 359–1,077 Strawberry seed 1–3 Unknown 359–1,077 Tarromin seed 1–3 Unknown 4–12 Ranarr seed 1–3 Unknown 1,019–3,057 Toadflax seed 1–3 Unknown 702–2,106 Jangerberry seed 1–3 Unknown 3–9 Irit seed 1–3 Unknown 74–222 Poison ivy seed 1–3 Unknown 54–162 Marrentill seed 1–3 Unknown 12–36 Cactus seed 1–3 Unknown 26–78 Kwuarm seed 1–3 Unknown 363–1,089 Harralander seed 1–3 Unknown 9–27 Belladonna seed 1–3 Unknown 33–99 Cadantine seed 1–3 Unknown 2,354–7,062 Whiteberry seed 1–3 Common 28–84 Lantadyme seed 1 Rare 34,922
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 12,000 Uncommon Not sold Bones 4 Common 332 Bat bones 5 Common 980 Big bones 3 Common 1,347 Dragon bones 1 Uncommon 2,263 Babydragon bones 1–2 Uncommon 775–1,550 Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Court summons 1 Very rare Not sold
Rare drop table dropsEdit
|Show/hide rare drop table|
The Chaos Elemental's letters in Postbag from the hedge hint at forthcoming updates, in a rather cryptic manner.
- It is the only major "boss" monster that does not exist in its own "area" or "arena" (Dagannoth kings live in their cave, Kalphite Queen lives in her lair, etc.). Though, the Wilderness could be viewed as quite chaotic at times.
- The examine information of the Chaos Elemental, pUre A cHaOs of crEatuRe!, reflects its chaotic nature. A grammatically correct examine would be "A creature of pure chaos." The chaotic nature of the examine text is also symbolised by the alternating between upper and lower case.
- In Postbag from the Hedge #39, Reldo states that the Chaos Elemental is related to the Balance Elemental by some means.
- In Postbag from the Hedge #41, Postie Pete went through the Chaos Elemental's suitcase and found it to be full of paper. He had previously asked the elemental's actual name, and although the Chaos Elemental teleported, the words on the scraps of paper either underlined or circle with red spell the phrase 'Is Eondethwleaos' when reversed.
- After killing the Chaos Elemental, your adventurer's log will say "I killed the cHaOs EleMeNTal." Which is like the examine text, as it alternates between upper and lower case. After Jagex's Runescape website was updated, this was no longer visible. However, due to a hidden update, it is now possible to view one's adventurer's log.
- The Chaos Elemental has a skeleton-like ribcage and four skeletal-like arms, which it uses for attacking.
- Killing more then one Chaos elemental will result in the Adventurer's log saying "I killed # cHaOs EleMeNTalS."
- Despite this, if you look, it will say "I killed 14 Chaos Elementals." This may be an oversight for Jagex.
- The Chaos Elemental is not killed often because of the difficulty of it, the slow respawn rate, random drops and it's dangerous multi-combat area (both PKers and the elemental will attack, making it a lethal combo)
- When the Chaos Elemental is defeated, it freezes up (stops moving) for a second or so before blowing up. This might be a glitch as other monsters do not pause up before dying unless you were to attack them after they stopped attacking you.
- The Chaos Elemental has unusual drops for its level, as it drops items such as various bones, food and equipment.
- The Chaos Elemental can use melee attacks at a distance. It is unknown if it was intended or not.
- The best drop you could get from the Chaos Elemental was a Dragon 2h sword until the Wilderness Graphical update, which allowed it to drop PvP armours and weapons. The current best drop you can get now is Vesta's longsword (though the chances are extremely rare)
- The Chaos Elemental used to have a very slow spawn rate (about 4-5 minutes per spawn), but after the Evolution of Combat update, it respawns somewhat faster than before (about 2-3 minutes).
- Despite being able to drop the PvP armours and weapons, it seems as though most revenants have a better chance of dropping artefacts and PvP equipment than the Chaos Elemental.
- Outside near the border of the wilderness, you can see signs and some have the words BEWARE on them with a picture of a circle with 2 lines on top on each side, this could be a small drawing of the original Chaos Elemental's look: A cloud with tentacles on top.
- Currently, this monster holds the record for having the largest drop table, with 128 different items, not counting different quantities or the rare drop table.
- ^ Jagex. Postbag 39 - "Who is the greatest of them all?", letter #Letter 6. Postbags from the Hedge. *
|Fiends & Demons|