|Main Music||Fight of the Dwarves|
|Strongest Monster||Chaos dwogre|
|Quests||Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf|
|Inhabitants/Race||Dwarves, Chaos dwarves and Dwogres|
Click the map to view a larger version.
The Chaos Dwarf Battlefield is a dungeon accessible after the completion of Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf quest. It may be reached through the tunnel by the gold ore vein in the south-west corner of the Keldagrim mines. The Black Guard of Keldagrim battle the Chaos Dwarves of Red Axe here, to prevent them from invading Keldagrim.
Black Guard of KeldagrimEdit
Chaos Dwarves of the Red AxeEdit
Tactics and SurvivalEdit
The entire area is multicombat, allowing for Summoning Familiars and loot sharing. When entering the battlefield both sides will attack you. The Chaos dwogres are never aggressive, and attacking them does not make the chaos dwarf side aggressive. After 15–17 minutes, all creatures become non-aggressive and can be attacked thereafter without earning aggression, provided you stand in the centre.
A good strategy to spend a long time on the battlefield is to only attack the Chaos dwogres at first, and then switch to other creatures once they become non-aggressive. This allows you to attack one at a time, greatly reducing food and potion use.
Another strategy, for players wishing to attack the dwarves from the start, is to bring a friend or two, who have done the quest, so that the dwarves don't just concentrate on attacking you.
A good strategy for players level 80-99, or with low prayer, is to go to the back near the chaos dwogres and wait for one to attack a dwarf, make sure you know which dwarf it is attacking, attack that chaos dwogre watch the dwarf it's attacking, and as soon as the dwarf dies switch on protect from melee. When the dwogre is dead, or ignoring you to attack another dwarf, switch the prayer off. This also works for chaos dwarf hand cannoneers after you have gained tolerance. If you have low life points, you can wait for the dwogre to attack a dwarf, attack the dwogre, when that dwarf dies stop attacking and wait for the dwogre to attack another dwarf, when it does attack it again.
Although the Dwogres have a better chance of dropping a dragon pickaxe, most players prefer to kill cannoneers because of their other rare drops of the Hand Cannon and Hand cannon shot. Players can stay in the middle of the room where the Black Guard can help kill the chaos dwarves, meaning they only have to deal one point of damage to get credit for the kill. This allows for a large amount of drops and more chances to get a dragon pickaxe and other semi-rare drops.
Another useful strategy is to utilise the dwarven multicannon. One who is attempting this should always protect range and attack the dwogres first to prevent from getting attacked by their magic. A more efficient way of killing involves 3-5 players going to a coinshare world each using multicannons and all of them piling the dwogres as soon as they spawn.
- Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf completed
- Full equipment: Guthan's / Proselyte / Verac's / Bandos / or any armour which gives you a large range and melee defence
- Cape: Completionist cape / Soul Wars Cape / TokHaar-Kal / Fire cape / Skillcape / Obsidian / Ardougne Cloak 3 / 4
- Shield: (Illuminated) God Book / Falador shield 2 / 3 / 4 / Crystal shield / Dragonfire shield or high range defence shield.
- Necklace: Demon Horn Necklace / Split Dragontooth Necklace / Unholy symbol / Zamorak Stole or Amulet of Fury / Amulet of Glory
- Boots: Dragon boots / Bandos Boots / White boots (for Prayer bonus)
- Gloves: Goliath Gloves / Recipe for Disaster gloves (Barrows/Dragon) / Regen bracelet / Combat bracelet/ White gloves (for Prayer bonus)
- Weapon: Chaotic rapier / Chaotic longsword/ Abyssal vine whip / Abyssal whip / Saradomin Sword / Godsword (Saradomin recommended) / Dragon scimitar + Dragon battleaxe / Korasi's sword
- Ring: Ring of Life / Explorer's Ring 3 / 4 / Ring of Wealth
- Aura: Reverence / Vampyrism / Knock-out
6-12 Prayer potions, Holy wrench, Monkfish or better, Super sets, Bunyip or better, Bonecrusher if using any of the dungeoneering necklaces to conserve prayer potions, spare aura(s) (optional), and Blood burst or Blood barrage is recommended for getting back lost life points quickly.
- Use Protect from Missiles or Deflect Missiles all the way through (set as quick prayer), unless waiting for cannoneers to become tolerant.
- Try not to get piled by the Chaos dwarves.
- Aim to attack the cannoneers as they give the best drops.
- Constantly check life points and prayer levels.
- A slightly more conservative method of prolonging a Chaos Dwarf Battlefield trip initially involves praying protect from ranged and running to the opposite side of the battlefield, near the chaos dwogres. If the chaos dwarves and chaos dwarf hand cannoneers are aggressive, you can either wait approximately 20 minutes for them to become tolerant (will only retaliate if attacked by the player FIRST not while attacking a Black Guard dwarf), or attack the Chaos Dwogres while protecting from melee (see Chaos Dwogre page for best practices). After gaining tolerance, determine which chaos dwarves / chaos hand cannoneers are attacking or being attacked by a Black Guard dwarf and attack accordingly. Players can still be piled by chaos dwarves and hand cannoneers, even after gaining tolerance.
- Lower levelled players (less than 100 combat) should consider having a prayer level above 70 if they wish to stay within the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield for extended periods of time, as the cannoneers hit extremely hard (380) and the dwogres hit fairly accurately. Additionally, bringing along the Holy Wrench from the completion of Rum Deal along with the prayer potions will further extend stay times for all players wishing to use protection prayers.
Music tracks unlocked in this location:
- Another bug can occur if a Chaos dwogre is killed near the rocks on the floor. Sometimes, the loot will be dropped on top of the rock but the rock cannot be stood on to collect the drop. Instead, the player will automatically pick it up as if it were on top of a table. You cannot, however, place any item back on the rock, unlike what can be done with a table.
- It has been confirmed that wearing an item of Zamorak, such as a cape, does not prevent aggression from the chaos monsters.
- The Raptor occasionally visits the Battlefield.
- Although you have proven your friendship to the dwarves (several times), they seem to fail to acknowledge that fact.