|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes (Except in the former tutorial Learning the Ropes)|
|XP per kill||52 (and 17.2 experience)|
|Examine text||A crazy, evil druid.|
Chaos druids are mostly found in the Taverley Edgeville and Yanille dungeon. They are commonly used as a training monster due to their high drop rate of grimy herbs. They use a magical attack which has the same animation as Snare and the draining effects of Confuse. Their attack will also stop you from attacking.
Players may bring a Macaw to help improve their herb drops.
Herb running is a source of income for low-levels. It involves killing Chaos druids for their herbs and banking after a full load. This tactic can make over 150k-200k a trip. If you are keeping all the higher herbs, herb gloves from Fist of Guthix activity (especially the higher levelled ones, such as Kwuarm gloves) can greatly increase your profits. Even though all the expensive herbs are (uncommon) drops from Chaos Druids, it is notable that Ranarrs tend to drop more frequently than the other expensive herbs.
- Bring a fast weapon such as throwing knives (they are weak to ranged, but most by arrows) as there will most likely be multiple players at your location. Ranging is also recommended to ensure that you will attack a chaos druid first over other players. Ice bursting them is one of the few ways to train Magic and earn a profit.
- Bring a teleport tab or home teleport to leave quickly for faster banking.
- Wield the mithril bolts that you get to save space.
- Keep all law runes. These help for a quick escape if you run out of them.
- Always keep a beast of burden familiar on hand.
- Clean the grimy herbs if you want to get some Herblore experience.
- You can make Fishing Potions and Prayer Potions to save inventory and get Herblore XP.
- Mixing some herbs, like Irit, into the vial of water dropped can also increase profits.
- Bringing a Ring of Wealth will not affect herb drop rates, as it only affects the rare drop table, and all the expensive herb drops are uncommon.
- With 41 Summoning, using a Macaw familiar can be very useful. It can improve herb drops, and randomly produce herbs.
- Killing the druids in the Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon is incredibly handy due to the large amount of druids and the fact that it is not considered Wilderness, although many more players will be there. Bring an antipoison for the Poison spiders.
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Taverley Dungeon (Level 13)
- Yanille Agility dungeon
- Chaos Druid Tower
- Edgeville Dungeon resource dungeon (Dungeoneering level of 10 required)
- The Wilderness
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 90
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–2 Common 516–1,032 Grimy marrentill 1–2 Common 43–86 Grimy tarromin 1–2 Common 225–450 Grimy harralander 1–2 Common 612–1,224 Grimy avantoe 1–2 Uncommon 4,171–8,342 Grimy irit 1–2 Uncommon 1,772–3,544 Grimy kwuarm 1–2 Uncommon 2,557–5,114 Grimy ranarr 1–2 Uncommon 2,169–4,338 Grimy lantadyme 1–2 Uncommon 7,733–15,466 Grimy dwarf weed 1–2 Uncommon 8,069–16,138 Grimy cadantine 1–2 Uncommon 2,538–5,076 Grimy torstol 1–2 Very rare 10,640–21,280
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 2 Common 358 Body rune 9 Common 45 Air rune 9–36 Common 117–468 Earth rune 9 Common 72 Mind rune 12 Common 48 Nature rune 3 Uncommon 336
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 2, 3, 15, 21, 29, 35, 365, 485 Common Not sold Mithril bolts 2–12 Common 102–612 Anagogic ort 20–40 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Common 20 Druid's robe (top) 1 Common 25 Druid's robe (bottom) 1 Common 6 Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon 49 Snape grass 1 Rare 288 Unholy mould 1 Rare Not sold Cosmic talisman 1 Very rare 210 Iron helm 1 Very rare 11 Uncut jade 1 Very rare 291
Rare drop table dropsEdit
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- In the God Letters, Guthix said that Chaos druids believe that by helping Zamorak, they will achieve balance. This idea may have some merit, as Saradomin does seem to have a lot more hold over the world, however However, the God letters are not considered canon and can't be considered correct.
- A Chaos Druid is controlling the three-headed green dragon in Learning the Ropes.
- In RuneScape Classic, a PKer could look like a chaos druid by equipping Zamorak Robes and having a beard with white hair. It was the PKer's hope that an inattentive player would attack the PKer, get skulled, and the PKer would kill the victim before he escaped Edgeville Dungeon, or to launch a surprise attack.