|Release||31 May 2005 (Update)|
|A goblin with big bulging eyes.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|1 / 0 / 0|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|? (edit)||? (edit)|
Cave goblins are goblins of the ancient Dorgeshuun tribe who can be found underground in the city of Dorgesh-Kaan, located below the far eastern area of the Lumbridge Swamp Caves. They are friendly creatures, and are willing to give many adventurers a tinderbox (if the player does not have one) when spoken to. When one of them is attacked, nearby cave goblins will scream certain phrases such as "Nooo!" or "Eeek!" while backing away. Cave goblins have similar drops to their surface goblin counterparts, but also include items that can be found in Dorgesh-Kaan, such as cave goblin food, cave goblin wire, and others.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 3,756 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
|Staff of air||1||Uncommon||1,526|
|Bronze sq shield||1||Uncommon||234|
|Oil lantern (empty)||1||Uncommon||8|
|Cave goblin skull||1||Common||Not sold|
|Goblin book||1||Common||Not sold|
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (easy)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Goblin Champion's scroll||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
At level 46 Thieving, along with level 36 Agility, it is possible to steal double loot from cave goblins. Triple loot is possible at level 56 Thieving with 46 Agility, and quadruple loot is possible at level 66 Thieving with 56 Agility. They are a good source of iron ore and cave goblin wire.
If the player fails to pickpocket, the cave goblin will get the attention of a cave goblin guard who will go after the player.
A successful pickpocket attempt will yield one of the following loot:
|Bat shish||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Coated frogs' legs||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Frogspawn gumbo||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Green gloop soup||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Oil lantern (oil)||1||Varies||1,930|
|Bullseye lantern (oil)||1||Varies||3,059|
|Cave goblin wire||1||Common||2,099|
- ^ Coin amount varies based on thieving level. At 99 thieving, the coin range is 20-49. At lower thieving the coin range is 11-49
- ^ a b c Unlit torch, oil lantern (oil), and bullseye lantern (oil) pickpockets vary based on the player's Thieving level. As the player levels Thieving, the torch will become rarer, while the other two become more common, with the highest levels receiving bullseye lanterns commonly. Unlit torches and oil lantern (oil)s become increasingly rare the closer the player gets to 99. In general, getting one of these three items is common.
- The cave goblins will converse with one another in Dorgesh-Kaan by walking up to each other and moving their hands and heads. It is possible that objects in the environment, like chairs or lampposts, can come in between them before they begin to talk, resulting in them getting stuck in one spot for very long periods of time. This makes them easy to train Thieving on, since they will not move about the city anymore.