- This article is about the low-value, tradeable item found primarily while fishing. For the item that was previously called Casket, used in Treasure Trails, see Scroll box. For Treasure Trail reward caskets, see Casket (disambiguation)
|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||30 coins|
|Low Alch||20 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||14,191 coins (info)|
|Examine||I hope there's treasure in it.|
Methods of obtaining casketsEdit
- Found via big net fishing. The chance of finding a casket is slim to none, but can be increased slightly by wearing a skills necklace.
- Drops from monsters, such as Dagannoths and Rock Crabs. See Dropping monsters, below.
- Bought in the Grand Exchange, or trading with other players.
- Obtained from Miscellania by putting workers in the fishing area.
- Reward in certain quests;
- Possibly four from As a First Resort....
- Smashing barrels in Legend's Quest
These caskets (found via the above methods) may contain any of the following items:
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 8–3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,107 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 1,903 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 3,112 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 7,110 Loop half of a key 1 Rare 10,649 Tooth half of a key 1 Rare 17,280 Cosmic talisman 1 Common 208 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 177 Nature talisman 1 Rare 195 Court summons 1 Uncommon Not sold
Players can also buy or sell caskets on the GE for 14,191 coins.
Dropping monsters Edit
Levels 1 to 100 Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Giant lobster 58,100 1 Rare Hobgoblin 44,50 1 Very rare Sea snake hatchling 90 1 Common Sea snake young 90 1 Rare Giant Sea Snake 90 1 Uncommon
Levels 101+ Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Dagannoth (Chaos Tunnels) 112,114 1 Uncommon Dagannoth (Lighthouse) 110,112 1 Uncommon Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island) 112 1 Rare Mummy 106,110 1 Rare Rock Crab 102 1 Rare Giant Rock Crab 136 1 Rare
You used to receive an item named 'Casket' upon completion of a Treasure Trails clue, although this was a separate, untradeable item and has since been changed. Clues now usually give a scroll box instead, except for the final clue in a trail, which gives a reward casket named 'Casket ([difficulty of clue scroll])'. For articles on Treasure Trail Reward Caskets, see Casket (disambiguation).