- This article is about the low-value, tradeable item found primarily while fishing. For the item that was previously called Casket, used in Treasure Trails, see Scroll box. For Treasure Trail reward caskets, see Casket (disambiguation)
|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||30 coins|
|Low alch||20 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||2,538 coins (info)|
|Examine||I hope there's treasure in it.|
Methods of obtaining casketsEdit
- Found via big net fishing. The chance of finding a casket is slim to none, but can be increased slightly by wearing a skills necklace.
- Drops from monsters, such as Dagannoths and Rock Crabs. See Dropping monsters, below.
- Obtained from Miscellania by putting workers in the fishing area.
- Smashing barrels in Viyeldi Caves.
- Reward in certain quests;
- Possibly four from As a First Resort....
These caskets (found via the above methods) may contain any of the following items:
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE market price|
|Loop half of a key||1||Rare||17,673|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Rare||40,935|
|Court summons||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
Levels 1 to 100Edit
|Giant lobster||58; 100||1||Rare|
|Hobgoblin||44; 50||1||Very rare|
|Sea snake hatchling||90||1||Common|
|Sea snake young||90||1||Rare|
|Giant Sea Snake||90||1||Uncommon|
|Dagannoth (Chaos Tunnels)||112; 114||1||Uncommon|
|Dagannoth (Lighthouse)||110; 112||1||Uncommon|
|Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island)||112||1||Rare|
|Giant Rock Crab||136||1||Rare|
These are the results from opening 500 caskets.
|Loop half of a key||0.8%||17673|
|Tooth half of a key||0.6%||40935|
This makes the expected value of any one chest 1402.2gp, taking into account both probability and value of contents.
You used to receive an item named 'Casket' upon completion of a Treasure Trails clue, although this was a separate, untradeable item and has since been changed. Clues now usually give a scroll box instead, except for the final clue in a trail, which gives a reward casket named 'Casket ([difficulty of clue scroll])'. For articles on Treasure Trail Reward Caskets, see Casket (disambiguation).