Capes of Distinction are a set of capes released on 3 May 2011 and first mentioned in a Developers' Blog "Design Notes: Capes of Distinction". Their release was then announced in a Behind the Scenes article. Capes of Distinction are available to players who meet various major requirements such as account age.
The Capes of DistinctionEdit
- Veteran cape (5 year) - obtainable if a player's account is at least 5 years old.
- Veteran cape (10 year) - obtainable if a player's account is at least 10 years old.
- Classic cape - obtainable if a player has logged into RuneScape Classic at least once.
- Max cape - obtainable if a player has reached level 99 in all skills (120 Dungeoneering and Invention are not required). The cape has customisable colours.
- Milestone capes - a set of capes which members can get when all of their skills (aside from elite skills) meet certain levels (multiples of ten). They can be woven on a loom.
- Completionist cape - the "final" cape. It can only be worn by those who have level 99 in all skills, level 120 in Dungeoneering and Invention, maximum quest points, have completed all Tasks, have unlocked all music tracks, and met many other requirements. The cape has customisable colours and can be trimmed when additional requirements are fulfilled.
Any and all Capes of Distinction could be stored on any cape rack in the player's costume room when they were first released. However, due to a hidden update, the same rules now apply to these capes as for Capes of Accomplishment.
Capes of Distinction
|Non-combat, quest- and minigame-related capes||