Capes of Distinction are a set of capes released on Tuesday the 3rd of May 2011 first mentioned in the Developers' Blog "Capes of Distinction" that are given to players with various requirements such as account age. Their release was then announced in a Behind the Scenes article.
The Capes of DistinctionEdit
- Veteran cape (5 year) - a cape which members can wear if their account is more than 5 years old.
- Veteran cape (10 year) - a cape that members can wear if their account is more than 10 years old.
- Max cape - a cape that members can wear if they have reached level 99 in all skills (note that 120 dungeoneering is not required). Sold by Max in Varrock. The cape has customizable colours.
- Milestone capes - a set of capes, which members can get one when all of their skills are above certain levels (multiples of ten). They can be woven on a loom.
- Completionist Cape - the 'final' cape. Can only be worn by those who have 99 in all skills, 120 in dungeoneering, max quest points, all miniquests, completed every task, all prayers unlocked, all magic spells unlocked, all museum kudos gained and unlocked every music track. Like the Quest Point Cape, this will need to be re-earned as new quests, tasks, skills and other content are released. Although this cape is not referred to during May 2011's Behind The Scenes, a "Varrock Museum" cape is, described as being the cape after the Max cape. The cape has customizable colours. It can be trimmed upon completion of 5000 Castle Wars games, 4000 chompy birds or jubbly birds killed, completion of Shattered Hearts, and many more requirements, which can be viewed here. The cape has an emote in which you turn into a black dragon, fly up and burn "RS" into the ground. If you have a trimmed cape you will change into a golden dragon instead of a black dragon. It is also known as the "Uber Cape", as that was the workname of the cape. It is the cape with the best stats of the game. It can be bought at the Varrock Museum for five million coins, if you have the requirements.
Any and all Capes of Distinction could be stored on any cape rack in the player's costume room when they were first released. Due to a hidden update however, the same rules now apply to these capes as for Capes of Accomplishment.
- ^ Developers' Blog "Capes of Distinction"
- ^ Behind the Scenes - May
- ^ Veteran cape guaranteed content poll
|Capes of Accomplishment(m)||
Agility • Attack • Constitution • Construction • Cooking • Crafting • Defence • Dungeoneering (Master) • Farming • Firemaking • Fishing • Fletching • Herblore • Hunter • Magic • Mining • Prayer • Ranging • Runecrafting • Slayer • Smithing • Strength • Summoning • Thieving • Woodcutting • Quest point
|Capes of Distinction(m)|
Ardougne cloak(1)(2)(3)(4) • Fremennik cloak • Ghostly cloak • H.a.m. cloak • Warlock cloak • Witch cloak • Web cloak • Mourner cloak • Saradomin cloak • Zamorak cloak • Guthix cloak • Armadyl cloak • Bandos cloak • Ancient cloak • Clan cloak • Hati cloak • Hallowed cloak • Unhallowed cloak
|Non-combat, quest- and minigame-related capes|