|Release date||10 May 2012 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You can get another one from Diango in Draynor Village.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Do you feel validated?|
The cape of validation is a cape received from Diango in Draynor Village after registering your email to your RuneScape account. To obtain the cape, you must go through the interface used to reclaim old holiday items, as opposed to chatting to him and getting an option to receive the cape.
Right clicking this cape and choosing the "give title" option results in the player receiving the prefix "The Real". The cape does not allow you to remove the title but Xuan in Varrock or Burthorpe can remove the title if you do the following: find Xuan, right-click on Xuan, and select "Clear-title Xuan".
"The Real" title can also be removed by activating any other title the player possesses.
A player wearing a cape of validation
|[view] • [talk]|
- This is the only item that allows a player to change their title manually.
- This, and the Soul Wars cape, along with the Monkey Cape and the dragon ceremonial cape are the only capes to reach from the shoulder to the ground
- This is the only way for a non-member to get a title, aside from redeeming the free 200 Runecoins from Solomon's General Store.
- This cape is not placed on the cape rack of a player-owned house costume room, but instead resides in the toy box.
- There is currently a glitch while wielding a 2h sword it makes the rear part clip with your body.
- For about a day after release, there was a glitch which caused the ribbon on the back to stretch during nearly every animation. This was most easily noticed while climbing ladders, performing the Celebration cake emote, and using teleports. The glitch seemed to only affect male players.
- There was a glitch where you could obtain two of this cape at one time. Before talking to Diango and after validating your email you can ask for holiday items back by using the right-click option and take it from there. After taking it from the holiday items you can talk to Diango who will give you a second cape and the experience lamp. This has since been patched.
|Capes of Accomplishment(m)||
Agility • Attack • Constitution • Construction • Cooking • Crafting • Defence • Dungeoneering (Master) • Farming • Firemaking • Fishing • Fletching • Herblore • Hunter • Magic • Mining • Prayer • Ranging • Runecrafting • Slayer • Smithing • Strength • Summoning • Thieving • Woodcutting • Quest point
|Capes of Distinction(m)|
Ardougne cloak(1)(2)(3)(4) • Fremennik cloak • Ghostly cloak • H.a.m. cloak • Warlock cloak • Witch cloak • Web cloak • Mourner cloak • Saradomin cloak • Zamorak cloak • Guthix cloak • Armadyl cloak • Bandos cloak • Ancient cloak • Clan cloak • Hati cloak • Hallowed cloak • Unhallowed cloak
|Non-combat, quest- and minigame-related capes|