This article is about the quest item from Icthlarin's Little Helper. For the quest item for Missing My Mummy, see Canopic jar (Missing My Mummy).
|Release date||26 April 2005 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Icthlarin's Little Helper|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Varies. See Types|
The Canopic jar is a quest item for Icthlarin's Little Helper that contains deceased bodies. The High Priest will get mad at the player for carrying it during parts of the quest. It is also part of a plan for Amascut. After the quest, it cannot be stored in the bank, displaying the message "A magical force prevents you from banking this item!". When the player drops it, it says "The burial jar magically turns to dust as you drop it."
Even if a player manages to get rid of the jar during the quest, upon entering the pyramid they'll get a message: "You see a strange jar on the floor. It seems oddly familiar, as if you'd seen it before, so you decide to pick it up." During the second flashback, the player also has to pick up one of four canopic jars, depending on the one they had in real time.
There are four variations of the canopic jar, and varies from player to player. The jar a player has determines which God in avatar form they will fight.
- Scabaras - Has a lid shaped like a bug. Disgusting! I think there's a stomach inside.
- Crondis - Has a lid shaped like a crocodile. Yuck, I think there are lungs inside.
- Het - Has a lid shaped like a man. I think it contains someone's liver. Yuck.
- Apmeken - Has a lid shaped like an ape. Eeew! I think it contains someone's intestines.
- When attempting to cast Low/High Level Alchemy on this item, you will get the message "I can't do that,; somebody's organs are inside!"
Desert god items
|Hidden quest rewards|
Amascut's unholy symbol • Icthlarin's holy symbol • Canopic jar • Stone head (Icthlarin) • Scabarite key • Scabarite notes • Scabaras research • Robe of Elidinis (top) • Robe of Elidinis (bottom) • Statuette of Elidinis