|Release||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|Exchange||252 coins (info)|
A candle is a Firemaking item which can be lit with a tinderbox to create a lit candle. Lit candles will not stay lit forever and will eventually go out; it is advisable to always carry a tinderbox when using a candle for a light source. With the introduction of the tool belt, this is not necessary once the tinderbox has been added. There is also a black candle used during Merlin's Crystal, obtained from the Candle-maker in Catherby.
Players who enter the Lumbridge Swamp Caves with candles should be careful, as they tend to ignite swamp gas in certain areas. The explosion will extinguish the candle, cause about 150 life points worth of damage, and leave players at the mercy of whatever lurks in the dark until the candle is relit. One can put a candle in an empty candle lantern to prevent this from happening.
Candles need to be extinguished before they can be traded or sold.
Candles are used:
- to enter dark dungeons like the Lumbridge Cellar cave.
- to make origami balloons, which is possible after Enlightened Journey.
- for various quests such as Enlightened Journey and Enakhra's Lament.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Cave bug||6; 96||1||Uncommon|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Gunslik's Assorted Items||3||Coins||10||Yes|
|Jiminua's Jungle Store||3||Coins||10||Yes|
|The Lighthouse Store||3||Coins||10||Yes|
|Obli's General Store||3||Coins||10||Yes|
|Sigmund the Merchant||3||Coins||10||Yes|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
|Part 1 of the Camelot quest series|
|Related||Quick guide • Transcript|