|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||582 coins (info)|
Cadava berries are pink, poisonous berries. They can be picked from a cadava berry bush, which can be found south of Varrock, just west of the south-east Varrock mining site. Members can also grow their own cadava berries from cadavaberry seeds using the Farming skill. Because cadava berries are poisonous, the player cannot eat them. Picking cadava berries off the Varrock bushes does not give any Farming experience, but picking them from a player-grown bush will.
A player could drink cadava potions (obtained from the Apothecary by giving him the berries); once drunk, the screen would spin and black out, the player having collapsed on the floor. After a few seconds, the player and the screen will return to normal, and the apothecary owner would have expressed his concern. No items would be lost from this procedure other than the potion.
After Romeo & Juliet was removed (see below), the berries had almost no use until 21 August 2012. This is when a new farmer was added, Ayesha, who would watch over a cactus for six Cadava berries. 15 of them could also be paid for a farmer to look over fly traps.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||75.8%|
Romeo & Juliet (discontinued)Edit
One bunch of cadava berries could be traded at the Apothecary in Varrock for a cadava potion, an item that was needed for the Romeo and Juliet quest. This potion was untradeable and couldn't be created after the quest was finished. When a cadava potion was drunk, the drinker would fall into a deep sleep and (allegedly) wake up hours later.
- Prior to the Varrock graphic update, cadava berries merely laid on the ground and could be picked up by players. They are just south of Varrock and east of the dark wizards. As items they were visible as red dots on the map.
- With the Varrock graphic update cadava berries are to be picked up from the cadava berry bushes, which, being interactive objects like trees, do not appear as red dots on the mini map. Therefore, players must be aware of the presence of the bush to find them.
- They are occasionally required for the Wise Old Man's tasks. Additionally, even free players are able to use cadava berries to sell them to him for one coin each.
- Only one use can be found by making a cadava potion - a strange dialogue, by using it on Sophanem citizens.
- The name "Cadava" is related to "cadaver," or another word for a dead body. This is due to the effect of being "dead" when one drinks the cadava potion.
- When Romeo & Juliet still existed, if you tried to use a cadava potion on Juliet after the quest, she'll say "I'm not drinking that again!"
|Fruit tree produce||