|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||778 coins (info)|
Cadava berries are pink, poisonous berries. They can be picked from a cadava berry bush, which can be found south of Varrock, just west of the south-east Varrock mining site. Members can also grow their own cadava berries from cadavaberry seeds using the Farming skill. Because cadava berries are poisonous, the player cannot eat them. Picking cadava berries off the Varrock bushes does not give any Farming experience, but picking them from a player-grown bush will.
Cadava berries were once needed during the Romeo & Juliet quest to make a cadava potion, obtained by giving the berries to the apothecary. Despite the removal of Romeo & Juliet, the potion can still be created by taking cadava berries to the apothecary, but it no longer has any practical use.
Fifteen cadava berries can be used to pay a farmer to watch over fly traps.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||75.8%|
- Prior to the Varrock graphic update, cadava berries merely laid on the ground and could be picked up by players.
- After Varrock was graphically updated, cadava berries were changed to instead be growing on bushes. They are interactive scenery, and as such, do not appear on the minimap as the items once did.
- The Wise Old Man will occasionally request cadava berries for his tasks.
- The name "Cadava" is a play on "cadaver," another word for a corpse. It was named after its effect, which causes people to appear dead after consumption.
- When Romeo & Juliet still existed, trying to use a cadava potion on Juliet after the quest would prompt her to say "I'm not drinking that again!"
|Fruit tree produce||