Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Cadarn Clan is one of the eight elven clans that travelled to Gielinor through the World Gate in the First Age. They were renowned for their military prestige, being especially skilled in magic and archery. They are located south east of the Tower of Voices in Prifddinas, off the eastern path.
At least one other elven family, the Anterth, are under auspices of the Cadarn Clan.
During the cataclysmic God Wars, the elves were constantly threatened by the wars beyond the Galarpos. To prevent the discovery of Prifddinas, the elven capital, they had to ensure that the mountain range that separated Tirannwn from what is now Kandarin was not crossed. When invading forces would come close to crossing the mountains, the Cadarn would eliminate them at the Underground Pass.
Soon the Cadarn Clan proved the strongest of the eight families, eventually almost completely controlling the elven military. As a result, the Cadarn Clan was extremely important, often standing as the sole line of defence against the wars beyond.
When the God Wars ended, many elves travelled through the recently built Arandar pass to the lands beyond, where they began to establish settlements and treaties under the rule of King Baxtorian. Nearly all of the Cadarn Clan left Tirannwn, taking up protection over the elven settlers.
However, this left Prifddinas open to attack, not from foreigners, but from the Iorwerth Clan, one of the eight Elven Families. Led by Lord Iorwerth, the Iorwerth Clan was able to easily take the city, allowing them to control the Tower of Voices. The other seven families were forced to leave Prifddinas.
When he found out about this, Baxtorian led his clan on a campaign to liberate Prifddinas, but they were unable to defeat the Iorwerth Clan. They then lived with the other six clans, exiled in Isafdar, where they continued to fight to reclaim Prifddinas until the events of the Plague's End quest.
Features of the clan districtEdit
- Cadarn rangers and magi can be found scattered across the district, and can be fought for combat experience. They are primarily found training near some archery targets in the south of the district. They are capable of using abilities.
- Defeat 1,000 of them and the player will unlock the "of the Cadarn" title.
- Cadarn workers which can be pickpocketed at 93 Thieving can be found scattered around. Loot includes sharks, coins and more.
- The Cadarn herald and Arianwyn can be found within the Cadarn tower. The herald sells the Clan Cadarn cape.
- A battlestaff shop, owned by Haf, can be found just north of the archery targets.
- An Elven grimoire can be found within Haf's shop, which can swap between normal and Ancient Magicks spellbooks, and between normal prayers and Ancient Curses. The grimoire will provide a persistent boost to Defence, Magic, and Ranged when used and will either drain or restore your prayer depending on how it is used. If you swap your spellbook your prayer will be drained, but if you swap your prayer it will be restored. If you have completed the hard Fremennik Province Tasks you can switch to and from the Lunar spellbook as well without draining your prayer points.
- A fountain containing the Tears of Seren for recharging dragonstone jewellery can be found outside Haf's shop, which acts similarly to the Fountain of Heroes in the Heroes' Guild and the Totem Pole in the Legends' Guild.
- A flax field, a loom and a spinning wheel can be found in the north-east, just north of the Max Guild.
- The Max Guild is found in the southeast, and has a number of features detailed on its own page.
Known Cadarn elvesEdit
- Baxtorian (former leader)
- Arianwyn (leader)
- Cadarn herald
- Cadarn magus
- Cadarn musician
- Cadarn ranger
- Cadarn worker
- Challenge Mistress Heriau
- Elen Anterth
- Elf Ranger†
- Elf musician
- Elf warriors
- The word "cadarn" in Welsh means "tough", "strong" or "powerful".
- In the original concept of the elven clan capes, the cape of this clan had a cross as an icon. But this was replaced by the current icon of a deer because the cross would resemble a Saradominist icon too much.