This article is about all the forms of burnt food. For when food stops burning, see Cooking/Burn level.
Burnt food is the product of burning raw or cooked food. Most burnt foods are grey in colour. Nearly all burnt foods are tradeable. All burnt food is stackable, except for turkey and turkey drumsticks.
Obtaining burnt foodEdit
Burning food is a normal occurrence when training cooking. Burning can happen when the player's cooking level is not much higher than the level requirement to cook the food. It can also occur if a player cooks food that is already cooked when the burnt food is required for a quest. When cooking, using a range rather than an open fire will decrease the chances of burning it. Most food has a certain cooking level at which it will become impossible to burn. This level is decreased when a player is wearing Cooking gauntlets. Imps are known to drop burnt bread and burnt meat.
Types of burnt foodEdit
|Item||Raw version||Cooking level||Cooked version||Members?|
|Burnt heim crab||Raw heim crab||1||Heim crab||No|
|Burnt red-eye||Raw red-eye||10||Red-eye||No|
|Burnt dusk eel||Raw dusk eel||20||Dusk eel||No|
|Burnt giant flatfish||Raw giant flatfish||30||Giant flatfish||No|
|Burnt short-finned eel||Raw short-finned eel||40||Short-finned eel||No|
|Burnt web snipper||Raw web snipper||50||Web snipper||Yes|
|Burnt bouldabass||Raw bouldabass||60||Bouldabass||Yes|
|Burnt salve eel||Raw salve eel||70||Salve eel||Yes|
|Burnt blue crab||Raw blue crab||80||Blue crab||Yes|
|Burnt cave moray||Raw cave moray||90||Cave moray||Yes|
|Burnt minnow||Raw minnow||1||Minnow||No|
|Burnt crayfish||Raw crayfish||1||Crayfish||No|
|Burnt shrimp||Raw shrimp||1||Shrimp||No|
|Burnt fish||Raw sardine||5||Sardine||No|
|Burnt fish||Raw herring/Raw mackerel||5||Herring/Mackerel||No|
|Burnt fish||Raw anchovies||10||Anchovies||No|
|Burnt fish||Raw cod/Raw pike/Raw trout/Raw salmon||18||Cod/Pike/Trout/Salmon||No|
|Burnt fish||Raw bass/Raw tuna||30||Bass/Tuna||No|
|Burnt crab meat||Crab meat||21||Cooked crab meat||Yes|
|Burnt eel||Slimy eel||28||Cooked slimy eel||Yes|
|Burnt cave eel||Raw cave eel||38||Cave eel||Yes|
|Burnt rainbow fish||Raw rainbow fish||35||Rainbow fish||Yes|
|Burnt lobster||Raw lobster||40||Lobster||No|
|Burnt swordfish||Raw swordfish||45||Swordfish||No|
|Burnt karambwan||Raw karambwan||30||Cooked karambwan||Yes|
|Burnt monkfish||Raw monkfish||62||Monkfish||Yes|
|Burnt shark||Raw shark||80||Shark||Yes|
|Burnt sea turtle||Raw sea turtle||82||Sea turtle||Yes|
|Burnt cavefish||Raw cavefish||88||Cavefish||Yes|
|Burnt manta ray||Raw manta ray||91||Manta ray||Yes|
|Burnt rocktail||Raw rocktail||93||Rocktail||Yes|
|Burnt bread||Bread dough||1||Bread||No|
|Burnt pizza||Uncooked pizza||35||Pizza||No|
|Burnt pitta bread||Pitta dough||58||Pitta bread||Yes|
|Burnt pork pie||Uncooked pork pie||74||Pork pie||Yes|
|Burnt cake||Uncooked cake||40||Cake||No|
|Burnt turkey||Raw turkey||1||Cooked turkey||No|
|Burnt turkey drumstick||Raw turkey drumstick||1||Cooked turkey drumstick||No|
|Burnt chicken||Raw chicken||1||Cooked chicken||No|
|Burnt meat||Raw meat||1||Cooked meat||No|
|Burnt rabbit||Raw rabbit||1||Cooked rabbit||Yes|
|Burnt bird meat||Raw bird meat||11||Roast bird meat||Yes|
|Burnt spider||Spider on stick||16||Spider on stick||Yes|
|Burnt beast meat||Raw beast meat||21||Roast beast meat||Yes|
|Ruined chompy||Raw chompy||30||Cooked chompy||Yes|
|Burnt jubbly||Raw jubbly||41||Cooked jubbly||Yes|
|Burnt oomlie||Raw oomlie||50||None||Yes|
|Burnt oomlie wrap||Wrapped oomlie||50||Oomlie wrap||Yes|
|Snake over-cooked||Raw stuffed snake||70||Stuffed snake||Yes|
|Burnt egg||Uncooked egg||13||Scrambled egg||Yes|
|Burnt onion||Chopped onion||42||Fried onions||Yes|
|Burnt mushroom||Sliced mushrooms||46||Fried mushrooms||Yes|
|Burnt stew||Uncooked stew||25||Stew||No|
|Burnt curry||Uncooked curry||60||Curry||Yes|
|Burnt potato||Potato||7||Baked potato||Yes|
|Burnt crunchies||Raw crunchies||10||Half baked crunchy||Yes|
|Burnt batta||Raw batta||20||Half baked batta||Yes|
|Burnt sweetcorn||Sweetcorn||28||Cooked sweetcorn||Yes|
|Burnt gnomebowl||Raw gnomebowl||30||Half baked bowl||Yes|
|Burnt fishcake||Raw fishcake||31||Cooked fishcake||Yes|
- Ruined chompy and Snake over-cooked are the only types of burnt food not prefixed with 'burnt'.
- Before Tutorial Island was removed, a player had to cook shrimp during the tutorial. However, they would always burn it on their first try.
- After a hidden update, an "eat" option was added to burnt food. However, when the player clicks on the option, they will not eat it and instead say "Ugh, this is inedible." This option was not added to burnt slimy eels, rainbow fish or turkey.
- Burnt food items can be sold to general stores for 1 coin each. Many players also buy and collect burnt food.
- Burnt lobsters used to be a popular scamming item. A player would claim that it was a "rare" black lobster and sell it for a high price.
- Prior to an update, burnt food was able to be sold in the Grand Exchange.
- Prior to an update, outside of Daemonheim, potatoes would always burn on a fire.
- Previously, burnt food did not stack in a player's inventory and had to be dropped one-by-one. Burnt turkey and drumsticks are an exception to this and do not stack.
- Most burnt food items have an examine text of "Oops!". Exceptions to this include:
- Bread: "Nice crispy bread. Possibly too crispy."
- Cave eel: "It's no longer slimy, or edible."
- Chicken and turkey: "Oh dear, it's totally burnt!"
- Minnow and crayfish: "A burnt minnow/crayfish."
- Monkfish: "Maybe a little less heat next time."
- Pies: "I think I left it on the stove too long."
- Pork pie: "A waste of pastry and pork."
- Rainbow fish: "Used to be a colourful fish, but now it's burnt!"
- Slimy eel: "It looks like it's seen one too many fires."