|Release date||18 March 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||1 coin|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||101 coins (info)|
|Examine||One of the ingredients for making glass.|
A bucket of sand can be obtained by using an empty bucket with a sandpit. Sandpits are not very close to banks (except in Zanaris or Yanille, which are relatively close). Players in need of sand may find it more convenient to get 84 free buckets of sand daily from talking to Bert in Yanille (after the completion of the Hand in the Sand quest).
Sand is one of the two ingredients in making molten glass. Players can use a bucket of sand on a furnace (if they also have soda ash in their inventory) to create molten glass which is used in Crafting and Construction.
Some players run buckets of sand near the Yanille bank for considerable profits. At just over 101 gp per bucket, sand is a raw material that is always in demand, and its use as a money-making resource should not be underestimated. It needs very little capital to begin (except many buckets) and is a great way to earn some quick cash.
If running heavy buckets back and forth isn't your thing, simply visiting Bert once a day yields:
- 8,484 coins every day
- 59,388 coins in a week
- 263,004 coins in a month
- 3,096,660 coins in a year
Needless to say, Bert is a great source of supplemental income.
When running sandEdit
The fastest and most efficient way to obtain buckets of sand.
- Stock up on buckets with a tool leprechaun (the Catherby bank and tool leprechaun are close to each other)
- Go to Entrana sandpit
- Exchange with the tool leprechaun and get a full inventory of buckets
- Fill all your buckets with sand and leave to Port Sarim docks
- Use the bank deposit box by the Entrana monks
- Go back to sandpit and repeat
- Set your house teleport option to appear outside the portal
- Use a teleport to house or yanille tablet to get to Yanille with 27 buckets
- Fill buckets at Bert's sandpit
- Use an amulet of glory, ring of duelling or ring of kinship to bank.
You'll want some proper equipment to make things a little easier.
- An explorer's ring to recharge run energy (buckets of sand are extremely heavy)
- Boots of lightness
- Other weight-reducing equipment and/or a higher Agility level are recommended.
- Another option is to bathe in the salt-water spring to temporarily gain infinite run energy.
- Another option for people with 52 Summoning, very low Agility and without weight reducing equipment would be to use the tireless run scroll to have infinite run energy (the advantage to this is that you can hold 12 extra buckets of sand in the terrorbird, therefore gaining more buckets of sand every run)
- Trader Stan and some of the trading ships used to sell sand.
Bucket • Bucket of water (Blessed • Murky • Stagnant) • Bucket of milk • Apple mush • Chocolatey milk • Compost • Supercompost • Bucket of sand • Bucket of sap • Bucket of slime • Bucket of wax • Bailing bucket • Full bucket • Bucket of oil • Empty oil bucket