|Release date||10 August 2005 (Update)|
|High Alch||1,800 coins|
|Low Alch||1,200 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price|| blue:|
|Examine||A scary broodoo shield.|
A Broodoo shield is a special member's only shield. It can be created with 35 Crafting by right-clicking on tribal mask and selecting make-shield opton with two snakeskins and eight nails in your inventory, granting 100 Crafting experience. The colour of the Broodoo mask from which it was made determines the colour of the shield. A Broodoo shield requires 25 Defence to wear.
Broodoo shields have a unique ability when used in combat, similar to the Black Mask; it has a 10% chance of draining an opponent's Combat stat by 1, and then 5% of their remaining total. The enemy must be in close range, it must still have over half of its Life points and its skills must be at the base levels for them to be affected. The colour of the shield determines which skill it drains:
- The blue broodoo shield's special spell lowers the opponent's Attack level.
- The green broodoo shield's special spell lowers the opponent's Defence level.
- The orange broodoo shield's special spell lowers the opponent's Strength level.
The number following the name of the Broodoo shield represents the number of charges left on the shield, starting at 10. Every time the special attack is used, this amount will decrease by one. There is no way to recharge the shield after the charges have been depleted, and it does not affect the shield or its defensive bonuses once they are all used.
Since the Evolution of Combat update, the three colours of broodoo shield now differ according to their combat class. The white and blue shield is melee equipment, the green shield is magic, and the orange shield is ranged. All three offer the same prayer, defence, and life points bonuses.
A player wielding all three broodoo shields
|[view] • [talk]|
- Unlike the Tribal mask, Broodoo shields cannot be stored in a player's Costume Room.
- There was a bug where having a hammer on your toolbelt did not allow you to make a broodoo shield. The right-click craft-shield option did not work properly. As a result, you had to have a hammer (or Golden Hammer) in your inventory and use it on the tribal mask.
- The Lumbridge sage has one of these shields.
Holy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of balance (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Unholy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Ancient book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of law (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of war (+5) (Illuminated (+8)
Citharede symbol(+8) • Holy symbol(+8) • Unholy symbol(+8) • Amulet of power(+1) • Amulet of glory(+3) • Salve amulet (e)(+3) • Amulet of fury(+3) • Split dragontooth necklace(+4) • Stole(+4) • Twisted bird skull necklace(+3) • Demon horn necklace(+5) • Amulet of zealots(-5)
White equipment • Crozier(+6) • Maces • Toktz-mej-tal(+5) • Silver sickle (b)(+5) • Wolfbane(+5) • Ivandis flail(+5) • Godswords(+4) • Granite mace(+4) • Saradomin sword(+2) • Zamorakian spear(+2) • Ancient staff(-1)
(+) Prayer bonus