- This article has a strategy guide here.
|Release date||17 January 2005 (Update)|
|XP per kill||406 (and 134 experience)|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Vannaka|
|Always drops||Dragon bones, 5 Bronze bars|
|Examine text||Its scales seem to be made of bronze.|
Bronze dragons are a type of metal dragon found in the Brimhaven Dungeon and the Chaos Tunnels. While they are the weakest of the metallic dragons, they are still powerful monsters. An anti-dragon/dragonfire shield and/or an antifire potion are essential when fighting them as they can reduce the maximum hit of their dragonfire to below 100, and when used simultaneously block dragonfire damage altogether; super antifire also completely blocks dragonfire. They are the lowest levelled monsters to drop elite clue scrolls that do not require having a slayer assignment with them. Their appearance has been updated on many occasions, the most recent being 5 July 2010.
- Brimhaven Dungeon (3) NOTE: 875 gp and a hatchet will be required to reach the bronze dragons. The one on your toolbelt will work.
- Chaos Tunnels (3) there are 2 near the earth warriors, and 1 near the fire elementals
Strengths and weaknessesEdit
Bronze dragons, like all other metallic dragons, have a strong melee attack and a long-ranged dragonfire attack that can potentially hit upwards of 2000+ in a hit. This can be negated with the use of a combination of a dragonfire shield or antifire shield combined with a dose of antifire, or simply a dose of super antifire alone. Bronze dragons have moderate defence against melee, high defence against ranged, and low defence against Magic. Water spells are the best way to defeat them. Melee can also be used with some degree of success, if the player equips a chaotic rapier/longsword or abyssal whip, but the fastest kill rates will come from water spells.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamant javelin 30, 60 Common 1,440–2,880 Adamant dart 16 Uncommon 112 Mithril hatchet 1 Uncommon 199 Mithril 2h sword 1 Uncommon 1,209 Mithril battleaxe 1 Uncommon 728 Mithril bolts 2–8, 10, 11, 13, 16 Uncommon 102–816 Rune knife 2, 5 Uncommon 236–590 Rune javelin 1 Rare 249 Rune longsword 1 Rare 18,797 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,512 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,898 Dragon dagger 1 Very rare 17,302
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 912 Adamant platebody 1 Rare 9,743 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 22,880 Dragon plateskirt 1 Very rare 162,716 Dragon platelegs 1 Very rare 165,688
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 10, 45 Common 1,790–8,055 Fire rune 50–150 Uncommon 500–1,500 Blood rune 15, 30 Uncommon 2,625–5,250 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 7,437 Death rune 25, 45 Uncommon 2,325–4,185
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamant bar 1 Rare 3,429 Rune bar 1 Rare 13,028 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 651,400
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 2,924 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 168–3,000 Common Not sold Swordfish 1–2 Uncommon 149–298 Bronze dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Very rare Not sold
- ^ Estimated at 1/2,011 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012
- ^ Estimated at 1/2,112 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- Currently, Bronze Dragons are the lowest combat level monsters that drop elite clues that you don't need a slayer level or quest to kill.
- Bronze dragons have the least spawns for any metallic dragon. There are only 6 spawns in total; 3 reside in Brimhaven Dungeon, while another 3 reside in the Chaos Tunnels.
- There is a glitch where if the bronze dragon uses its dragon breath attack twice in melee range,the second attack would not display the flames but the animation would continue as usual.
Dragons and dragon-like races