This article is about the Summoning pet. For the NPC in Ritual of the Mahjarrat, see Undead broav.
|Source||Feldip Hills Hunting expert|
|23 Summoning, 55 Hunter|
|While Guthix Sleeps|
|Food||Mort myre fungus|
|Examine|| Before capture: A broav with a bad temper. |
After: A Mort Myre mushroom-muncher.
A broav is caught in a trap pit just west of the Hunting expert. After capturing it, it becomes an unconscious Broav. After talking to the Hunting expert, she'll say: "Okay, I'll key it to you," which trains it to help track for you.
The broav is involved in the While Guthix Sleeps quest, and is needed to help track down Movario's base by using Dirty laundry on it. It will then start to walk in the direction of Movario's base, where the player eventually finds a trapdoor underneath the broken table in the hut with the Khazard Commander. If it finds an obstacle however, it will begin to walk around on the spot in circles, so players may have to "Call Follower" in the Summoning icon next to the minimap and use the laundry with it again.
After finding the trapdoor the base is permanently found and the Broav is no longer needed to track, but it can still be kept as a form of proof the player is in the middle of, or has done While Guthix Sleeps.
It primarily eats Mort Myre fungus.
This pet can be stored in a Menagerie to save bank space.
- The lines "I eat like a pig." and "You are a pig!" are quotes from the first Lion King movie. The line "That's MR. Pig to you!" is a reference to Pumbaa's line, "They call me MR. Pig!", which is itself a reference to the 1967 American film In the Heat of the Night.
- In your inventory, your Broav pet weighs 12 kg.
- This pet is a kind of wild boar with excellent tracking abilities, and is one of two pets needed to help complete a task during a quest. The other is a cat.
- It is unknown how a Broav survives in its natural habitat, as they primarily eat Mort Myre Fungi, which does not grow there. However, there might be other sources of nourishment which a Broav will eat.
- You cannot take your Broav on agility courses. You will get a message: 'Your little friend can't make it over the obstacle'.
- In the Summoning skill guide, it says you can summon a Broav after While Guthix Sleeps... (with an ellipsis). In the Quest list, there is no ellipsis after the title.
- There is a stretchy glitch when you let it sniff dirty laundry and wearing a dragon plateskirt, part of it seems to be pulled along.
- The word Broav resembles the real-world boar.
- There is currently no way to shoo away or get rid of the broav, only the option to store in the menagarie in a player owned house.
|Solomon's General Store|
|Squeal of Fortune|