Brimstail's Cave is a small cave found in the south-western section of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. The entrance is marked by the icon on the minimap.
It is the home of Brimstail, a gnome wizard. It is the starting point of, and plays a large role in, The Eyes of Glouphrie quest. From here, by talking to Brimstail, players can travel to the rune essence mine (however, this is not commonly used due to its distance from a bank).
The cave also contains a puzzle in the form of a large piece of machinery. This puzzle must be solved to complete The Eyes of Glouphrie.
- 1 - Exit to surface.
- 2 - Brimstail's chamber. Brimstail is here, along with a table, searchable drawers, and a premade chocolate saturday players make take. Players may also attempt to take the bowl of water from the table, but Brimstail stops them, saying he doesn't want players to spill water on his books.
- 3 - Location of Oaknock's exchanger, the machine panel, and an Aspidistra plant. Searching the plant causes it to make the noise, "Gronda! Gronda!" (an anagram of "dragon")
- 4 - A singing bowl is on a rock pillar surrounded by a deep rift. During The Eyes of Glouphrie, players activate a crystal bridge, allowing them to reach the bowl during and after the quest. The bowl can be used to convert a small crystal seed into a crystal saw and can also be used to revert a crystal saw or crystal chime into a small crystal seed.
- 5 - A broken statue of Glouphrie the Untrusted is here.
Views of the cave Edit
- The outside of the cave has very close similarities to the hobbit-holes from the film "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring".