|Release date||12 December 2002 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||The Eyes of Glouphrie|
|Location||Tree Gnome Stronghold|
|Examine|| Small but wise, he is.|
Brimstail is a gnome wizard who lives in a small cave in the south-west part of Tree Gnome Stronghold, near the river. He can teleport a player to a Rune Essence mine if they have completed Rune Mysteries.
Brimstail is one of the few gnomes that uses magic. He dabbles in the gnomish art of illusion spells, and is actually in possession of the machine that Oaknock used to prove the death of Argento the spirit tree.
Brimstail plays a large role in The Eyes of Glouphrie quest. With the aid of an adventurer, he manages to rebuild the ancient disillusionment machine and proves the existence of evil creatures within the stronghold itself. Had Brimstail not pursued his wish to reconstruct the machine, the stronghold may have fallen to the gnomes of Arposandra.
Players can obtain another crystal saw from Brimstail by speaking to him.
- The examine text is possibly a reference to Yoda from the Star Wars saga, who was small, wise, and talked "backwards" like the examine text.
- He can be involved in an anagram clue on a Treasure Trail, with the name "BAIL TRIMS".
- He can be involved in a simple clue on a Treasure Trail, which then requires the completion of a challenge scroll.
- The scenery in his cave includes an aspidistra plant.
- The entrance of Brimstail's home looks like the homes of the hobbits in the Lord of the Rings movies.
|Part 4 of the Gnome quest series|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|