Brawling gloves are members only drops from Revenants, the Chaos Elemental, and the rare drop table. They can also be received by pickpocketing elven clan workers or defeating elven warriors in Prifddinas.
When wearing the gloves outside the Wilderness, players receive a 50% bonus to experience gained in the corresponding skill, for a total of 1.5× normal experience. In the Wilderness, the bonus scales according to the depth the player is in, from 55% bonus to 300% (totaling 4× normal experience). The 300% bonus starts at level 40 wilderness. As the Mage Arena bank is the only one in this area, it is recommended that players use their gloves here, if a bank is needed. Note that the bank is not actually in the Wilderness, so players will need to return via the lever to do any training with the gloves, in order to get the full bonus. The gloves disintegrate after a set amount charges have been used. For example, smithing brawlers are destroyed after 434 items made, with other brawlers having different amounts of charges.
If a player dies with these gloves in their inventory or worn, they will lose them regardless of where they died or whether it was supposed to be protected or not.
The gloves will not work during a Bonus XP Weekend, as stated by Jagex.
- Brawling gloves (Agility)
- Brawling gloves (Cooking)
- Brawling gloves (Fishing)
- Brawling gloves (FM)
- Brawling gloves (Hunter)
- Brawling gloves (Magic)
- Brawling gloves (Melee)
- Brawling gloves (Mining)
- Brawling gloves (Prayer)
- Brawling gloves (Ranged)
- Brawling gloves (Smithing)
- Brawling gloves (Thieving)
- Brawling gloves (WC)
- The gloves match the base colour of the skillcape of their respective skill. The melee gloves, which have no directly corresponding cape, have a similar shade of red to the Attack cape.
- From 17 January to 1 February 2011, thieving brawling gloves wouldn't work inside Pyramid Plunder. It wasn't confirmed whether this was a glitch or an intentional update.
- There was a bug where Brawling gloves obtained by pickpocketing elven workers in Prifddinas on the day of release would degrade to dust as soon as the player used them. The bug was fixed, but gloves obtained during this time retained the limited use.
- On 28 April 2014, brawling gloves were added to the rare drop table.
- On 10 November 2014, the bonus experience effect of brawling gloves was changed to scale with depth in the Wilderness.
- A week later, on 17 November, brawling gloves were updated so that their remaining charges can now be checked using a right-click "Check charges" option.