|Release date||31 October 2005 (Update)|
|High Alch||18 coins|
|Low Alch||12 coins|
|Store price|| 30 coins|
|Examine||I think it is eating through the bottle.|
Artificially Produced Hyper Condensed Sweetened 'Rum' Flavour Distillate, more commonly known as simply Braindeath 'rum' is made by brewers and found as a drop from Zombie pirates, Sorebones and General malpractitioners. It may also be purchased from both bars on Mos Le'Harmless, and after Rocking Out, from Port Sarim's pub, for 30 coins. Drinking it yields the message, "With a sense of impending doom you drink the 'rum'. You try very hard not to die." and gives the following effects:
- Decreases Attack, Defence, Prayer, Magic, Agility and Herblore by five percent, and healing around 130 lifepoints
- Increases Strength by three and Mining by one level
Dropping monsters Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity 'Rum'-pumped crab 91 1 Common General malpractitioner (monster) 65 1 Common Sorebones 57 1 Uncommon Zombie pirate 57 1 Rare
- The 'rum' seems to have some mind-controlling properties. In the Rum Deal quest, Captain Braindeath, the maker of the 'rum', mentions that one of the ingredients used to make the 'rum' is sluglings. As shown in the Sea Slug Quest, the slugs can control people's minds.
- After completing Rocking Out, players may buy 'rum' at The Rusty Anchor Inn in Free-to-play worlds, but they will be unable to drink it as it is a members-only item.
- Even with all the disgusting ingredients used to make the 'rum', it still heals some lifepoints when you are hurt. However, the decreases in most combat skills makes it unwise to use it as emergency healing (not to mention that it has a small delay after consumption before the stat changes take place).
- Despite being a drink of sorts, it makes the "crunching" sound when consumed, as if it were solid food. This may or may not be the corpse of the fever spider in the drink.
Asgarnian ale(m) • Axeman's folly(m) • Bandit's brew • Beer • Chef's delight(m) • Cider(m) • Dragon bitter(m) • Dwarven stout(m) • Greenman's ale(m) • Grog • Moonlight mead(m) • Ranger's aid(m) • Slayer's respite(m) • Wizard's mind bomb(m)