|Release date||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||I think they look a bit silly.|
Boxing gloves are items that can only be obtained from a Glove rack in a POH. They come in two different colours, red and blue. They count as a two-handed weapon, but deal little damage to other players. When walking with these equipped your character holds them up to their face in a typical boxing stance. They are the only weapon that can be used in a boxing ring in a player's combat room, and they are destroyed if a player tries to leave a house with them. Fighting with them in a player owned house is their only use.
A player wearing blue boxing gloves
A player wearing red boxing gloves
|[view] • [talk]|
- The defence stats may be a reference to "one-two" and such phrases involving punching and boxing.
- When performing an emote while wearing the gloves, the gloves appear to vanish, like all other weapons.
- While wearing the Boxing Gloves they act like claws and have all the same attacks.
- If you take the gloves off while sitting, when you stand up you will still be in the boxing pose, and continue to walk around as such even after emotes and interacting with objects.
- Boxing gloves were out before POH.
- The boxing stance that the player uses is that a left-handed boxer would stand in, with the right arm and leg out front, despite the fact that the player wields most weapons right-handedly, barring bows.