|Experience||Same as spell used|
Borrowed Power is a spell in the Lunar spellbook. Level 99 Magic as well as work at Livid Farm are required for using this spell, as it is unlocked by speaking to Pauline for 430,000 produce points. With this spell, you have the ability to cast one of a selection of spells from the standard spellbook, while wearing an arcane capacitor necklace charged with the runes for that spell.
It allows you to cast one of the following standard spells at a time:
|Wind Wave||Slayer Dart||Teleport to House|
|Water Wave||Vulnerability||Telekinetic Grab|
|Earth Wave||Enfeeble||High Level Alchemy|
|Fire Wave||Entangle||Bones to Peaches|
In order to use the Borrowed Power spell, you must first charge and equip your arcane capacitor necklace. This requires enough runes to cast the spell 1,000 times, resulting in 1,000 charges of that spell. Each necklace can only use one spell, and only one necklace can be owned at a given time.
Casting the spell then requires 3 astral runes and 1 charge from your arcane capacitor necklace. The necklace's spell can be added to the ability bar - using the spell in this way will automatically cast Borrowed Power in order to use the spell. Upon using up your last charge on your necklace, you get a message saying "Your amulet of power has run out of charge and has crumbled to dust. You will need to get another one from Pauline to continue using Borrowed Power" and the capacitor will be destroyed.
This spell is rather unpopular as many believe that accessing the spell selection is overpriced or useless. Because the caster must be using Lunar magicks, the player is effectively locked to a Polypore staff for magic-based combat, making the debuff spells useless in most encounters. The wave spells are also useless, for this same reason, especially considering that Polypore Strike would be available. When this spell is unlocked, at 99 Magic, the monsters that Slayer Dart affect are likely no longer relevant. Teleport to house tablets render that spell a poor choice for the arcane capacitor. This leaves High Level Alchemy as the main realistic use for Borrowed Power.
It takes quite some time to achieve the spell, costs three extra astral runes and the necklace must be worn while casting Borrowed Power, making it impossible to wear other necklaces which give magic damage boosts such as the arcane stream necklace. Furthermore, it cannot be taken into certain minigames such as those which do not allow items to be brought.
- This is currently the only spell that needs 99 Magic.
- Attempting to cast High Alchemy with the explorer's ring 4, wearing an arcane capacitor charged with High Alchemy, will cause a "You don't have enough astral runes" message to appear. It does nothing and no charges from the capacitor or astral runes will be lost when High Alchemy is cast from the ring.
- It was once possible to be able to cast High Alchemy on three astral runes to consume one astral rune and no charges. This was patched on 22 May.
- It was released on 23 August 2011, along with many other new minigame rewards.
- Using the arcane capacitor's spell from the ability bar while also having the required runes in the inventory used to bypass the 3 astral rune cost and necklace degredation, and could be done while using the Ancient Magicks spellbook. (The runes in the inventory would be used instead.) This was fixed on 13 February 2017.