- This article has a strategy guide here.
|Release date||4 March 2008 (Update)|
|XP per kill||4,000 (and 1,320 experience)|
|Always drops||See article|
|Examine text||That's one big Ork...|
|Slayer XP||5,000 for the first time, 250 each time thereafter (500 if you have finished Varrock Elite Diary)|
Bork is a level 130 Ork summoned by Surok Magis (or the Dagon'hai Elite, who is otherwise identical, after the completion of The Hunt for Surok miniquest). He can be fought once per day in the Chaos Tunnels. The very first kill earns players 5,000 Slayer experience; afterwards it will only award 250 experience, which can be doubled if the player has completed the Varrock Elite Tasks (please note that the Varrock armour 4 does not need to be worn for the doubling boost).
Bork is the only monster with a 100% chance of a charm drop and will drop 5 blue, 7 crimson and 3 green charms upon death. In addition to the doubled slayer experience, these drops can also be doubled upon completion of the Varrock Elite Tasks, and improved (not doubled) if wearing a Ring of Wealth. Note that these increases stack with each other. See the Drops section for more information.
The fastest way to get there is by using the teleport option on a Mask of Dust or a Helm of Devilry to the Dust Devil room in the Chaos Tunnels. This will get you about halfway the route you would normally take when entering from the Wilderness.
NOTE: Players cannot use the rope to exit the Wilderness if they have been in combat in the last 10 seconds. This includes players who are being attacked but not retaliating.
Use the following maps to get to Bork quickly after you have done the miniquest.
For those who prefer to travel to Bork without exposing themselves to the dangers of the Wilderness, they can take a longer route via the Saradomin statue as per The Hunt for Surok miniquest. Players should note that they can attempt to follow more direct routes than the highly circuitous one enforced on the player during the miniquest. The shortest route from the initial room with the giant ants to the final room with the dagannoth involves only 12 portals (though malfunctioning portals can increase or decrease this).
|Item||Drop quantity when:||GE|
|Blue charm||5||5||10||10||Not sold|
|Crimson charm||7||10||14||17||Not sold|
|Green charm||2||3||4||5||Not sold|
Note: The Grand Exchange Market price is given per 1 item.
Also note that each Ork legion usually drops a single charm, although not 100% of the time. The most common is a gold charm, but green and crimson charms are also possible. The triple charms from the Familiarisation D&D does not have any effect on Bork or his legions.
As seen in the table above, after completion of all Varrock Tasks Bork's coin, gem, and charm drops are doubled.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Femur bone 1 Common Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Starved Ancient Effigy 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Very rare Not sold Gold Charm 10 Very rare Not sold Rune helm 1 Very rare 10,918
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth improves the chances when equipped but is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450, 3,000, 9,000, 10,000, 12,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,752 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,259 Uncut ruby 1 Common 4,669 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 8,651 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 24,402 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 39,824 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 16,883 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,204 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,622 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,326 Rune javelin 5 Rare 880 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,060 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,428 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,185 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,452 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 831,100 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,417 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,363 Shield left half 1 Very rare 66,362 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,281 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 12,400 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,269,900 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,350–74,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,511,800 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 4,082,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 3,286,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 89,088 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 10,979 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 16,875–23,625 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 83,550–116,970 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 99 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 132 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 10,500–315,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,640–22,560 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,540 Law rune 45 Rare 15,975 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 4,900–11,858 Blood rune 50 Rare 11,200 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 37,500–300,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 454,000–908,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 83,250–277,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 24,450–1,222,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 454,200–2,422,400 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,028,200 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,822,000–26,754,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 13,008–1,951,200 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 67,386 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 109,025–1,090,250 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 135,330–541,320 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 59,610–596,100 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 52,250 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,943 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 72,350–3,617,500 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 157,799–1,104,593 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,512,810 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,509 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 20,025–620,775 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,052 Yew logs 100–20,000 (noted) Rare 48,600–9,720,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- "Bork" is a reference to the Borg , a race in Star Trek, that seeks to forcefully add other species into their collective. When fighting the Ork Legions that Bork summons, they may shout phrases like "We are the collective!" "Resistance is futile!", clear references to the Borg in Star Trek.
- "Bork" is also a portmanteau of the two words 'Big' and 'Ork'. This is played on in his examine text which says "That's one big Ork..."
- "Borked" is coder's slang for something that is broken, or in disarray. This may be a reference to the disorganised state of the Chaos Tunnels.
- Bork is an Ork, a species usually associated with Bandos. During the Fur 'n' Seek Wishlist, the player is asked to seek out the femur of a large follower of Bandos. Since Bork drops this femur, it confirms that Bork is a follower of Bandos. At the same time, Bork seems to also be affiliated with Zamorak because he is summoned by Surok Magis.
- The Adventurer's log message will say "I killed Bork, a big ork", after defeating Bork. There was a grammatical error when a player killed more than one Bork. It stated: "I killed 2 Borks, a big orks." This has been fixed and now says "I killed 2 Borks, they were big orks".
- If you killed Bork prior to the release of the achievement diaries, it will not count as completed. However, it will still count towards the While Guthix Sleeps requirement.
- After the graphical update to the Chaos Tunnels, the reset time for Bork behaves differently. Previously, players could enter mere seconds before the reset and fight Bork, exit the lair, and then immediately return to Bork and fight a second time (thus making an efficient double fight trip because the reset had occurred during the fight). Currently, players must completely finish the fight and exit prior to reset, otherwise the next fight can not be attempted for the full 24 hours until the next reset. It is unknown whether this is a glitch or intended behavior.
- After the graphical update to the Chaos Tunnels, there was a glitch with the exit portal which prevented players from leaving the lair by choice after fighting Bork (and presumably, while fighting Bork as well if an escape is needed). If attempted, the player received a message stating that it was "unavailable at the moment". All other methods of leaving the cavern continued to work. This glitch has been patched.
- After the Evolution of Combat update, Bork gave no combat or slayer experience when killed. This glitch has been patched.