- This article has a related strategy guide here.
|Release date||4 March 2008 (Update)|
|XP per kill||4,000 (and 1,320 experience)|
|Always drops||Varies, see article.|
|Examine text||That's one big Ork...|
|Slayer XP||Varies, see below.|
Bork is a level 107 Ork summoned by Surok Magis (or the Dagon'hai Elite, who is otherwise identical, after the completion of The Hunt for Surok miniquest). He can be fought once per day in the Chaos Tunnels. The very first kill earns players 5,000 Slayer experience; afterwards it will only award 1,500 experience, which can be doubled if the player has completed the Varrock Elite Tasks (please note that the Varrock armour 4 does not need to be worn for the doubling boost).
Bork is the only monster with a 100% chance of a charm drop and will drop 5 blue, 7 crimson and 3 green charms upon death. In addition to the doubled slayer experience, these drops can also be doubled upon completion of the Varrock Elite Tasks, and improved (not doubled) if wearing a Ring of Wealth. Note that these increases stack with each other. See the Drops section for more information.
Bork appears in The Mighty Fall as the champion representing the orks in the Kyzaj Tournament. He defeats Farkle but loses to General Graardor. Graardor tries to kill Bork, but Zarador intervenes, sparing him as he does not wish to see the ork race wiped out. He is also painfully aware of how close his own race is to being wiped out. As punishment for losing, Bork returns to the Chaos Tunnels. After completing the quest, the player can receive enhanced drops from Bork. The experience is also changed to 4,000 per kill, which is also doubled if Varrock Elite tasks are completed.
Due to the legacy combat mode update Bork's power has been significantly improved though his combat level appears to be lower (107 instead of 130). It is highly recommended to NOT face him without food or other means of restoration (even high level players).
The fastest way to get there is via teleport using the Hoardstalker ring to the black demon room in the chaos tunnels, which is two rooms away from the portal room.
The next fastest way to get there is by using the teleport option on a mask of Dust or a helm of Devilry to the dust devil room in the Chaos Tunnels. This will get you about halfway the route you would normally take when entering from the Wilderness.
For those who are willing to enter the Wilderness and potentially be attacked by other players, the fourth fastest route is via the rope down to the gargoyle room.
NOTE: Players cannot use the rope to exit the Wilderness if they have been in combat in the last 10 seconds. This includes players who are being attacked but not retaliating.
Use the following maps to get to Bork quickly after you have done the miniquest.
For those who prefer to travel to Bork without exposing themselves to the dangers of the Wilderness, they can take a longer route via the Saradomin statue as per The Hunt for Surok miniquest. Players should note that they can attempt to follow more direct routes than the highly circuitous one enforced on the player during the miniquest. The shortest route from the initial room with the giant ants to the final room with the dagannoth involves only 12 portals (though malfunctioning portals can increase or decrease this).
|First time||All times after the first|
|Item||Drop quantity when:||GE|
(Per one item)
|Blue charm||5||5||10||10||10||10||20||20||Not sold|
|Crimson charm||7||10||14||17||10||13||20||23||Not sold|
|Green charm||2||3||4||5||5||6||10||11||Not sold|
Note: The Grand Exchange Market price is given per 1 item.
Also note that each Ork legion usually drops a single charm, although not 100% of the time. The most common is a gold charm, but green and crimson charms are also possible. The triple charms from the Familiarisation D&D does not have any effect on Bork or his legions.
As seen in the table above:
If The Mighty Fall quest is done, the base amount of rubies is increased by 1, crimson and green charms by 3 and blue charms by 5.
After completion of all Varrock Tasks, Bork's coin, gem, and charm drops are doubled, including the above additions from the quest reward.
If both the quest and the tasks are complete then a diamond and a dragonstone are added to the drops.
The Ring of Wealth reduces the sapphire amount by 1 but increases the emerald amount by 2, ruby, diamond and green charm amounts by 1 each and crimson charm amount by 3. This is unaffected by the quest or the task rewards.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Femur bone 1 Common Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Very rare Not sold Gold charm 10 Very rare Not sold Rune helm 1 Very rare 10,596
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,368 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,997 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,806 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,277 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,487 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 43,434 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,516 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,710 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,438 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 23,920 Rune javelin 5 Rare 880 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,060 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,386 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,311 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 35,975 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 821,900 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,436 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,191 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,290 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,080 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 22,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,265,850 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,650–75,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,622,200 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,630,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,084,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 101,881 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,892 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 77,100–107,940 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 80,375–112,525 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 960 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 303 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 9,000–270,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,000–24,000 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,280 Law rune 45 Rare 12,240 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 8,450–20,449 Blood rune 50 Rare 16,100 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 46,000–368,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 406,000–812,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 90,600–302,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 32,700–1,635,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 323,100–1,723,200 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 10,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,155,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,165,000–22,155,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 14,398–2,159,700 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 122,760 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 120,275–1,202,750 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 146,490–585,960 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 76,080–760,800 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 178,250 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,913 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 68,615–3,430,750 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 153,198–1,072,386 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,001,410 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,319 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 23,156–717,836 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 2,242 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 23,450–9,380,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- "Bork" is a reference to the Borg, a race in Star Trek, that seeks to forcefully add other species into their collective. When fighting the Ork Legions that Bork summons, they may shout phrases like "We are the collective!" "Resistance is futile!", clear references to the Borg in Star Trek.
- "Bork" is also a portmanteau of the two words 'Big' and 'Ork'. This is also hinted in his examine text.
- "Borked" is coder's slang for something that is broken, or in disarray. This may be a reference to the disorganised state of the Chaos Tunnels.
- Bork is an Ork, a species usually associated with Bandos. During the Fur 'n' Seek Wishlist, the player is asked to seek out the femur of a large follower of Bandos. Since Bork drops this femur, it confirms that Bork is a follower of Bandos. At the same time, Bork seems to also be affiliated with Zamorak because he is summoned by Surok Magis.
- The Adventurer's log message will say "I killed Bork, a big ork", after defeating Bork. There was a grammatical error when a player killed more than one Bork. It stated: "I killed 2 Borks, a big orks." This has been fixed and now says "I killed 2 Borks, they were big orks".
- If you killed Bork prior to the release of the achievement diaries, it will not count as completed. However, it will still count towards the While Guthix Sleeps requirement.
- After the graphical update to the Chaos Tunnels, the reset time for Bork was altered. Currently, players must completely finish the fight and exit prior to reset, otherwise the next fight cannot be attempted for the full 24 hours until the next reset.
- After the graphical update to the Chaos Tunnels, there was a glitch with the exit portal which prevented players from leaving the lair by choice after fighting Bork (and presumably, while fighting Bork as well if an escape is needed). If attempted, the player received a message stating that it was "unavailable at the moment". All other methods of leaving the cavern continued to work. This glitch has been patched.
- After the Evolution of Combat update, Bork gave no combat or slayer experience when killed. This glitch has been patched.
- In The Mighty Fall, Bork appears to be very well-spoken in his dialogue. Zarador states that this may be due to his upbringing. This may reference his time spent with the Dagon'Hai as they may have taught him proper speech.