- This article has a related strategy guide here.
|Release date||4 March 2008 (Update)|
|XP per kill||4,000 (and 1,320 experience)|
|Always drops||See article|
|Examine text||That's one big Ork...|
|Slayer XP||5,000 for the first time, 3,000 each time thereafter (6,000 if you have finished Varrock Elite Diary)|
Bork is a level 130 Ork summoned by Surok Magis (or the Dagon'hai Elite, who is otherwise identical, after the completion of The Hunt for Surok miniquest). He can be fought once per day in the Chaos Tunnels. The very first kill earns players 5,000 Slayer experience; afterwards it will only award 1500 experience, which can be doubled if the player has completed the Varrock Elite Tasks (please note that the Varrock armour 4 does not need to be worn for the doubling boost).
Bork is the only monster with a 100% chance of a charm drop and will drop 5 blue, 7 crimson and 3 green charms upon death. In addition to the doubled slayer experience, these drops can also be doubled upon completion of the Varrock Elite Tasks, and improved (not doubled) if wearing a Ring of Wealth. Note that these increases stack with each other. See the Drops section for more information.
The fastest way to get there is via teleport using the Hoardstalker ring to the black demon room in the chaos tunnels, which is two rooms away from the portal room.
The next fastest way to get there is by using the teleport option on a mask of Dust or a helm of Devilry to the dust devil room in the Chaos Tunnels. This will get you about halfway the route you would normally take when entering from the Wilderness.
For those who are willing to enter the Wilderness and potentially be attacked by other players, the fourth fastest route is via the rope down to the gargoyle room.
NOTE: Players cannot use the rope to exit the Wilderness if they have been in combat in the last 10 seconds. This includes players who are being attacked but not retaliating.
Use the following maps to get to Bork quickly after you have done the miniquest.
For those who prefer to travel to Bork without exposing themselves to the dangers of the Wilderness, they can take a longer route via the Saradomin statue as per The Hunt for Surok miniquest. Players should note that they can attempt to follow more direct routes than the highly circuitous one enforced on the player during the miniquest. The shortest route from the initial room with the giant ants to the final room with the dagannoth involves only 12 portals (though malfunctioning portals can increase or decrease this).
|Item||Drop quantity when:||GE|
|Blue charm||5||5||10||10||Not sold|
|Crimson charm||7||10||14||17||Not sold|
|Green charm||2||3||4||5||Not sold|
Note: The Grand Exchange Market price is given per 1 item.
Also note that each Ork legion usually drops a single charm, although not 100% of the time. The most common is a gold charm, but green and crimson charms are also possible. The triple charms from the Familiarisation D&D does not have any effect on Bork or his legions.
As seen in the table above, after completion of all Varrock Tasks Bork's coin, gem, and charm drops are doubled.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Femur bone 1 Common Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Starved Ancient Effigy 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Very rare Not sold Gold Charm 10 Very rare Not sold Rune helm 1 Very rare 10,613
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,387 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,026 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,294 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,687 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 21,945 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 42,746 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 14,154 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,083 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,692 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,227 Rune javelin 5 Rare 865 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,200 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,388 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,420 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,114 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 834,600 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,475 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,642 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,729 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 60,094 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 11,400 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,254,000 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,500–75,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,611,400 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,647,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,158,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 136,971 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 11,420 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 36,525–51,135 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 55,825–78,155 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 526 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 517 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 6,000–180,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,820–27,280 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,680 Law rune 45 Rare 13,320 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 5,550–13,431 Blood rune 50 Rare 11,000 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 42,125–337,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 438,000–876,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 89,100–297,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 28,800–1,440,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 375,150–2,000,800 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 10,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,078,200 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,548,000–24,836,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 13,043–1,956,450 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 106,161 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 107,925–1,079,250 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 123,780–495,120 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 66,990–669,900 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 98,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 9,213 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 70,800–3,540,000 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 162,101–1,134,707 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,045,140 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,366 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 18,781–582,211 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,962 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 27,200–10,880,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- "Bork" is a reference to the Borg, a race in Star Trek, that seeks to forcefully add other species into their collective. When fighting the Ork Legions that Bork summons, they may shout phrases like "We are the collective!" "Resistance is futile!", clear references to the Borg in Star Trek.
- "Bork" is also a portmanteau of the two words 'Big' and 'Ork'. This is played on in his examine text which says "That's one big Ork..."
- "Borked" is coder's slang for something that is broken, or in disarray. This may be a reference to the disorganised state of the Chaos Tunnels.
- Bork is an Ork, a species usually associated with Bandos. During the Fur 'n' Seek Wishlist, the player is asked to seek out the femur of a large follower of Bandos. Since Bork drops this femur, it confirms that Bork is a follower of Bandos. At the same time, Bork seems to also be affiliated with Zamorak because he is summoned by Surok Magis.
- The Adventurer's log message will say "I killed Bork, a big ork", after defeating Bork. There was a grammatical error when a player killed more than one Bork. It stated: "I killed 2 Borks, a big orks." This has been fixed and now says "I killed 2 Borks, they were big orks".
- If you killed Bork prior to the release of the achievement diaries, it will not count as completed. However, it will still count towards the While Guthix Sleeps requirement.
- After the graphical update to the Chaos Tunnels, the reset time for Bork behaves differently. Previously, players could enter mere seconds before the reset and fight Bork, exit the lair, and then immediately return to Bork and fight a second time (thus making an efficient double fight trip because the reset had occurred during the fight). Currently, players must completely finish the fight and exit prior to reset, otherwise the next fight can not be attempted for the full 24 hours until the next reset. It is unknown whether this is a glitch or intended behavior.
- After the graphical update to the Chaos Tunnels, there was a glitch with the exit portal which prevented players from leaving the lair by choice after fighting Bork (and presumably, while fighting Bork as well if an escape is needed). If attempted, the player received a message stating that it was "unavailable at the moment". All other methods of leaving the cavern continued to work. This glitch has been patched.
- After the Evolution of Combat update, Bork gave no combat or slayer experience when killed. This glitch has been patched.