|Release||4 March 2008 (Update)|
|That's one big Ork...|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|240 / 160 / 80|
|4 ticks (2.4s)|
|? (edit)||? (edit)|
Bork is a large ork initially summoned by Surok Magis in The Hunt for Surok. After the miniquest, he is controlled by a Dagon'hai Elite. Bork can be fought once per day in the Chaos Tunnels. The very first kill earns players 5,000 Slayer experience; afterwards it will only award 1,500 experience, which can be doubled if the player has completed the Varrock Hard Tasks (please note that the Varrock armour 3 does not need to be worn for the doubling boost).
Bork is the only monster with a 100% chance of a charm drop and will drop 5 blue, 7 crimson and 3 green charms upon death. In addition to the doubled Slayer experience, these drops can also be doubled upon completion of the Varrock Hard Tasks, and improved (not doubled) upon the completion of The Mighty Fall and/or while wearing a ring of wealth. Note that these increases stack with each other. See the Drops section for more information.
Bork appears in The Mighty Fall as the champion representing the orks in the Kyzaj Tournament. He defeats Farkle but loses to General Graardor. Graardor tries to kill Bork, but Zarador intervenes, sparing him as he does not wish to see the ork race wiped out. He is also painfully aware of how close his own race is to being wiped out. As punishment for losing, Bork returns to the Chaos Tunnels. After completing the quest, the player can receive enhanced drops from Bork. The experience is also changed to 4,000 per kill, which is also doubled if Varrock Hard tasks are completed.
The next fastest way to get there is by using the teleport option on a mask of Dust or a helm of Devilry to the dust devil room in the Chaos Tunnels. This will get you about halfway the route you would normally take when entering from the Wilderness.
For those who are willing to enter the Wilderness and potentially be attacked by other players, the fourth fastest route is via the rope down to the gargoyle room.
Players cannot use the rope to exit the Wilderness if they have been in combat in the last 10 seconds. This includes players who are being attacked but not retaliating.
For those who prefer to travel to Bork without exposing themselves to the dangers of the Wilderness, they can take a longer route via the Saradomin statue as per The Hunt for Surok miniquest. Players should note that they can attempt to follow more direct routes than the highly circuitous one enforced on the player during the miniquest. The shortest route from the initial room with the giant ants to the final room with the dagannoth involves only 12 portals (though malfunctioning portals can increase or decrease this).
|First time||All times after the first|
|Item||Drop quantity when:||GE|
|Blue charm||5||5||10||10||10||10||20||20||Not sold|
|Crimson charm||7||10||14||17||10||13||20||23||Not sold|
|Green charm||2||3||4||5||5||6||10||11||Not sold|
Using a collector's insignia instead of a ring of wealth will produce the exact same drops.
Also note that each ork legion usually drop a single charm, although not 100% of the time. The most common is a gold charm, but green and crimson charms are also possible. The triple charms from the Familiarisation D&D does not have any effect on Bork or his legions.
|Femur bone||1||Common||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Gold charm||10||Very rare||Not sold|
|Rune helm||1||Very rare||10,568|
|Rare drop table||1||Rare||Not sold|
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
A ring of wealth or collector's insignia are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||173,025–211,475|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||15,617|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||27,042|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||574,965–702,735|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||567,135–945,225|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||65,071|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,088,505–1,330,395|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||434,850–548,580|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||113,035–142,598|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||41,050–57,470|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||14,040–17,160|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||200,250–244,750|
|Big bones||79–90 (noted)||Uncommon||27,097–30,870|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||328,140–401,060|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||12,510–15,290|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||156,060–190,740|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||35,434–40,496|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||341,685–417,615|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||936,810–1,144,990|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||41,319|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||619,785–757,515|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||385,740–471,460|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||290,520–355,080|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||192,645–235,455|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||130,500–159,500|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||15,624–17,856|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||840,990|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||11,385–13,915|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||176,400–215,600|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||131,625–160,875|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||26,550–32,450|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||567,270–693,330|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- "Bork" is a reference to the Borg, a race in Star Trek, that seeks to forcefully add other species into their collective. When fighting the Ork Legions that Bork summons, they may shout phrases like "We are the collective!" "Resistance is futile!", clear references to the Borg in Star Trek.
- "Bork" is also a portmanteau of the two words 'Big' and 'Ork'. This is also hinted in his examine text.
- "Borked" is coder's slang for something that is broken, or in disarray. This may be a reference to the disorganised state of the Chaos Tunnels.
- Bork is an ork, a species usually associated with Bandos. During the Fur 'n' Seek Wishlist, the player is asked to seek out the femur of a large follower of Bandos. Since Bork drops this femur, it confirms that Bork is a follower of Bandos.
- The Adventurer's log message will say "I killed Bork, a big ork", after defeating Bork. There was a grammatical error when a player killed more than one Bork. It stated: "I killed 2 Borks, a big orks." This has been fixed and now says "I killed 2 Borks, they were big orks".
- If you killed Bork prior to the release of the achievement diaries, it will not count as completed. However, it will still count towards the While Guthix Sleeps requirement.
- After the graphical update to the Chaos Tunnels, the reset time for Bork was altered. Currently, players must completely finish the fight and exit prior to reset, otherwise the next fight cannot be attempted for the full 24 hours until the next reset.
- After the graphical update to the Chaos Tunnels, there was a glitch with the exit portal which prevented players from leaving the lair by choice after fighting Bork (and presumably, while fighting Bork as well if an escape is needed). If attempted, the player received a message stating that it was "unavailable at the moment". All other methods of leaving the cavern continued to work. This glitch has been patched.
- In The Mighty Fall, Bork appears to be very well-spoken in his dialogue. Zarador states that this may be due to his upbringing. This may reference his time spent with the Dagon'Hai as they may have taught him proper speech.