|Release||4 March 2008 (Update)|
|That's one big Ork...|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|224 / 149 / 74|
|4 ticks (2.4s)|
|? (edit)||? (edit)|
Bork is a big ork initially summoned by Surok Magis in The Hunt for Surok. After the miniquest, he is controlled by a Dagon'hai Elite. Bork can be fought once per day in the Chaos Tunnels. The very first kill earns players 5,000 Slayer experience; afterwards it will only award 1,500 experience, which can be doubled if the player has completed the Varrock Hard Tasks (the Varrock armour 3 does not need to be worn for the doubling boost).
Bork is the only monster with a 100% chance of a charm drop and will drop 5 blue, 7 crimson and 3 green charms upon death. In addition to the doubled Slayer experience, these drops can also be doubled upon completion of the Varrock Hard Tasks, and improved (not doubled) upon the completion of The Mighty Fall and/or while wearing a ring of wealth. Note that these increases stack with each other. See the Drops section for more information.
Bork first appears in the miniquest The Hunt for Surok, where Surok escapes his imprisonment in Varrock Palace. The player chases him through the Chaos Tunnels, until they reach a large, empty cavern. Surok then summons Bork to deal with the player. Eventually, the player defeats Bork and Surok tries to collapse the chamber in a last attempt to kill them.
Bork later appears in The Mighty Fall as the champion representing the orks in the Kyzaj Tournament. Unlike most of the Bandosians who speaks rather rough and aggressively, Bork is more formal. He also seems to respect the player, as he compliments them on their win against Yelps rather than taunting them.
In the first round, he battles and kills Farkle. In the second round, he goes up against General Graardor, only to be defeated by him. He is spared by Zarador as the orks are near extinction and Zarador is painfully aware that it will happen to the ourgs one day too. After the tournament is over, Bork returns to the Chaos Tunnels.
Bork is located in the Chaos Tunnels. Players can reach his chamber by:
- Using the Varrock armour 4 to teleport to directly to the portal for Bork's chamber.
- Using a hoardstalker ring or Dungeoneering cape to teleport to the chamber of black demons, 2 chambers away from Bork's portal.
- Using a mask of dust to teleport to the chamber of dust devils, in the north-west part of the Chaos Tunnels.
- Using a mask of granite to teleport to the chamber of gargoyles, in the south-west of the Chaos Tunnels.
- Players can also reach the gargoyle chamber by entering the entrance to Chaos Tunnels in level 6 Wilderness. Players cannot use the rope to exit the Wilderness if they have been in combat in the last 10 seconds. This includes players who are being attacked but not retaliating.
|First time||All times after the first|
After completing the quest, the player can receive enhanced drops from Bork. The experience is also changed to 4,000 per kill, which is also doubled if Varrock Hard tasks are completed. Although fighting him can be done once a day, this is not a Distraction & Diversion.
|Item||Drop quantity when:||GE|
|Blue charm||5||5||10||10||10||10||20||20||Not sold|
|Crimson charm||7||10||14||17||10||13||20||23||Not sold|
|Green charm||2||3||4||5||5||6||10||11||Not sold|
Also note that each ork legion usually drop a single charm, although not 100% of the time. The most common is a gold charm, but green and crimson charms are also possible. The triple charms from the Familiarisation D&D does not have any effect on Bork or his legions.
|Femur bone||1||Common||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Gold charm||10||Very rare||Not sold|
|Rune helm||1||Very rare||9,816|
|Rare drop table||1||Rare||Not sold|
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items such as a ring of wealth or luck of the dwarves are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||180,450–220,550|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||20,689|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||23,923|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||511,425–625,075|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||557,730–929,550|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||64,251|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,046,115–1,278,585|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||342,550–432,140|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||121,355–153,094|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||32,775–45,885|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||19,575–23,925|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||257,850–315,150|
|Big bones||72–90 (noted)||Uncommon||26,928–33,660|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||302,940–370,260|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||14,670–17,930|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||208,440–254,760|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||36,624–41,856|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||353,160–431,640|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||970,470–1,186,130|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||41,241|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||618,615–756,085|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||380,790–465,410|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||288,090–352,110|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||264,510–323,290|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||213,840–261,360|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||17,276–19,744|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||2,449,240|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||13,950–17,050|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||173,250–211,750|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||137,700–168,300|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||32,805–40,095|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||565,650–691,350|
|Vecna skull||1||Very rare||348,450|
|Hazelmere's signet ring||1||Very rare||18,309,594|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- "Bork" is a reference to the Borg, a race in Star Trek, that seeks to forcefully add other species into their collective. When fighting the Ork Legions that Bork summons, they may shout phrases like "We are the collective!" "Resistance is futile!", clear references to the Borg in Star Trek.
- "Bork" is also a portmanteau of the two words 'Big' and 'Ork'. This is also hinted in his examine text.
- "Borked" is coder's slang for something that is broken, or in disarray. This may be a reference to the disorganised state of the Chaos Tunnels.
- Bork is an ork, a species usually associated with Bandos. Although the Dagon'hai Elite claims that they are both agents of Zamorak, as with most orks Bork is shown to be a follower of Bandos in The Mighty Fall quest. In addition, during the Fur 'n' Seek Wishlist, the player is asked to seek out the femur of a large follower of Bandos, which Bork can drop.
- The Adventurer's log message will say "I killed Bork, a big ork", after defeating Bork. There was a grammatical error when a player killed more than one Bork. It stated: "I killed 2 Borks, a big orks." This has been fixed and now says "I killed 2 Borks, they were big orks".
- If you killed Bork prior to the release of the achievement diaries, it will not count as completed. However, it will still count towards the While Guthix Sleeps requirement.
- After the graphical update to the Chaos Tunnels, the reset time for Bork was altered. Currently, players must completely finish the fight and exit prior to reset, otherwise the next fight cannot be attempted for the full 24 hours until the next reset.
- After the graphical update to the Chaos Tunnels, there was a glitch with the exit portal which prevented players from leaving the lair by choice after fighting Bork (and presumably, while fighting Bork as well if an escape is needed). If attempted, the player received a message stating that it was "unavailable at the moment". All other methods of leaving the cavern continued to work. This glitch has been patched.
- Bork appears to be very well-spoken in his dialogue, more so than other Orks like General Bre'egth. Zarador states that this may be due to his upbringing. This may reference his time spent with the Dagon'Hai as they may have taught him proper speech.