Boric is the son of Doric, the dwarven master smith. His mother left the family when he was young, leaving Doric to raise Boric alone. At some point, his father sent him to the dwarven capital Keldagrim to receive an education, but Boric took it to mean that he had somehow failed or disappointed his father, as he had wanted to study under Doric. Over time, he started to resent his father for sending him away. He graduated with honours, proving himself a proficient smith in his own right. He returned to Asgarnia and avoided his father, sleeping rough if need be, and began sabotaging Doric. He hired the services of a wizard named Elijah to curse Doric's ore supplies and stole his orders. However, when he attempted to convince Sir Amik Varze to switch suppliers, an adventurer working for Doric appeared, causing Sir Amik to break off any trades until the situation was sorted.
The adventurer brought Boric to his father, whereby they started arguing. The adventurer attempted to intervene, getting them to discuss their issues which either calmed or exacerbated the tension between them. After eventually sorting things out, they both realised that they were at fault for causing the tension and made up. Doric rebranded his business and brought Boric and the adventurer on board as partners. Boric convinced the new partner to help them expand, clearing out the cellar beneath Doric's workshop and refitting the display.
Boric took over the supply chain of the business, but the increase in demand took a heavy toll on their supplies. He began tasking their new business partner with gathering coal and mithril ore, protecting their mining sites from living rock brawlers, and securing a contract with the Mining Guild.
- ^ Doric, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "Ever since your mother left us, I've had to bring you up alone. I might not have always been the greatest father but I've always had your best interests at heart. I miss her. And I miss you too."
- ^ Doric, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "When I sent you to Keldagrim, I knew they would teach you more than I could by myself. You've done more than enough to make me proud 100 times over."
- ^ Boric, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "You chose to send me away instead of letting me stay here with you. It's pretty clear I was a disappointment that you didn't want to deal with anymore."
- ^ Boric, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "I felt ashamed. All I ever wanted was to apprentice under you and make you proud, but you seemed more determined to send me off to Keldagrim."
- ^ Boric, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "If your plan was to teach me to fight and fend for myself, even in exile and dishonour, then you've done that. You're no father to me!"
- ^ Boric, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "At graduation, I was one of the few in the class to finish with Honours. They said I had great and could be a master smith in years to come."
- ^ Doric, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "To make matters worse, I've received word that my son, Boric, finished his studies in the dwarven city of Keldagrim, but he hasn't made it home. He should have been back weeks ago. I'm getting too old for this."
- ^ Boric, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "Wherever I could find shelter, really. I spent a lot of time sleeping in mines to make sure I could keep up with the orders I was stealing from you." When asked about his accommodation
- ^ Dark Wizard Elijah, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "Anyone who triggers the spell will be lucky to make it away alive."
- ^ Boric, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "The old man deserves it. Yes, Sir Amik. I've been taking his orders but these weapons were still made by me. They're better than Doric could ever manage."
- ^ Doric, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "That's why we've decided we're going to relaunch the business...as 'Doric & Son'.[...]In fact, we'd like you to come on board as a business partner. What do you say?"
- ^ Boric, "Doric and Boric tasks", RuneScape. "I might do. Demand is higher than ever[...]but we're struggling to keep up our supplies to meet all the orders. IF we start missing deadlines, we're going to undo all the good work we've put in so far."
- ^ Doric, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "[Boric's] favourite toy was a little bear you used to call Terrence. You took him everywhere with you."
- ^ Player character, "What's Mine is Yours", RuneScape. "You see, I noticed on your fingers not just the dirt that comes from working as a smith but also the fibres that could only have come from a teddy bear. The fact that they are visible means you must regularly sleep with it - and grip it quite tightly at that."