|Release date||7 November 2011 (Update)|
|Quest||One Piercing Note|
|Location||Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede|
|Examine|| The sisters copy manuscripts here.|
The book-making table is a table located inside the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede. Players can use it to turn their god books into illuminated god books, if they have completed One Piercing Note. A Prayer level of 60 and Crafting level of 60 is required in order to use it.
An illuminated god book can only be created using a god book that has all 4 of its pages. Putting a completed god book onto the table will prompt 4 steps requiring an action to be taken in each. The actions are copy text; embellish initial capitals; add colour; and add gold leaf. Choosing the incorrect action will give you the dialogue box, "You put the [action] in the wrong place, ruining the manuscript" and will exit out of the process but will not actually ruin your completed god book. Each action will consume 200-250 prayer points. An altar upstairs can be used to replenish your prayer points.
Messages when book-makingEdit
Example using Holy Book:
Use Holy Book on Book-making table
- You begin copying the Holy Book.
- You put some fresh sheets of vellum on the stand and begin copying the manuscript.
Select 1 Copy text
- You neatly copy the text of the book.
Select 2 Embellish initial capitals.
- You embellish the initial capitals.
Select 3 Add colour
- You add colour to the initial capitals.
Select 4 Add gold leaf
- You add gold leaf to the initial capitals.
- Illuminating a Holy Book for the first time makes you feel closer to Saradomin, and you learn more about crafting techniques.
- You gain 10,000 Prayer XP and 10,000 Crafting XP.
- You take the completed book.
Messages if book-making out of order or repeating step (or out of prayer points)
- You begin copying but realise that you have already copied the text. You spoil the copy and will need to start again.
- You put the initial capitals in the wrong places, ruining the manuscript.
- You put colour in the wrong place, ruining the manuscript.
- You put gold leaf in the wrong place, ruining the manuscript.
Message if using book when another book previously started
- You already have an unfinished manuscript on the stand.
Message if starting without using book
- You need to use a completed prayer book on the stand to begin copying.
Message if '1 Copy Text' with no or not enough prayer points
- Your mind wanders and you make a mistake copying the text. You will need to start again.
|Illuminated god books||