|Release date||19 July 2012 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You can get a replacement from Diango in Draynor Village.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A magical bow from the party master.|
The Boogie bow was released on 19 July 2012 to celebrate the creation of 200 million RuneScape accounts. It is obtainable from Hey Presto the Party Plane wizard and is used to slay the Party Demon. It can be stored in a toy box of a player-owned house's costume room.
It requires no ammunition to fire, can be used to kill other NPC's, and has a ranged strength of 0.1, meaning it could be used for free ranged training. It is able to hit up to 1,000,000 on the Party Demons, however it does little damage to other NPCs.
The bow is held at an angle similar to the Barbed bow and fires two arrows from its dual bowstrings, in a similar fashion to the Dark bow special attack. The arrows appear to be on fire and spiral as they approach their target.
The Swift gloves work with the Boogie bow, but not on the Party Demons.
As of 24 July 2012, the Boogie Bow is a members item.
A player wielding a boogie bow
|[view] • [talk]|
- In the Combat beta, the bow is called Extra-planar bow and has a different icon.
- Upon release, the bow wasn't included in the toy box interface, even though it could be stored in the box.
- Though the firing animation shows the bow firing two arrows, there is only one hitsplat.
- Upon the release the Boogie bow was available to F2P.
- A recent update to the Boogie Bow has made it a members-only item. This caused confusion and frustration to many F2P players who believed the bow was to be a F2P item along with the 200M glasses.
- There is currently a bug where you cannot reclaim the boogie bow from diango or your POH toy box.