|Release date||19 July 2012 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You can get a replacement from Diango in Draynor Village.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A magical bow from the party master.|
The boogie bow was released on 19 July 2012 to celebrate the creation of 200 million RuneScape accounts. It was obtainable from Hey Presto the Party Plane wizard and is used to slay the Party Demon. It can be stored in a toy box of a player-owned house's costume room.
It requires no ammunition to fire, can be used to kill other NPCs, and has an accuracy rating of 1. It is able to hit up to 1,000,000 on the Party Demons, however it does little damage to other NPCs.
The bow is held at an angle similar to the barbed bow and fires two arrows from its dual bowstrings, in a similar fashion to the dark bow special attack. The arrows appear to be on fire and spiral as they approach their target.
The swift gloves work with the Boogie bow, but not on the Party Demons.
A player wielding a boogie bow
|[view] • [talk]|
- Upon release, the bow wasn't included in the toy box interface, and was impossible to reclaim from Diango.
- Though the firing animation shows the bow firing two arrows, there is only one hitsplat.
- Upon the release the boogie bow was available to F2P. An update on 24 July 2012 made it a members-only item.
- Currently there is a glitch on the bow where the arrows appear slightly behind your character when firing. This glitch has yet to be fixed.
- When the Evolution of Combat beta was first released, it was called the "Extra-planar bow", likely because that was the name it had in development.
Vanity items and membership thanks gifts
|Membership thanks gifts||