|Release date||18 October 2010 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You can get this back by speaking to Diango.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A sinister brooch that screams occasionally.|
The Bone brooch was the winning item in the Guaranteed Content poll on the RuneScape website for the 2010 Hallowe'en event. It also appeared as an option in the Guaranteed Content poll of Halloween 2007; however, it lost to the Grim reaper hood. When worn, it does not occupy any equipment slots.
The bone brooch was released to players on 18 October 2010, upon the completion of the Halloween event. The reward was chosen by players in a "Guaranteed Content Poll". It allows the player to morph into a pile of bones when worn, although these bones appear different from a real pile. If a player is attacked while wearing it, they will automatically unmorph. As it is an untradeable holiday item, if lost it can be recovered by speaking to Diango.
- When transformed, most timers will pause until the transformation has ended.
- The brooch may not be taken into the Fist of Guthix arena.
- Trying to wear the brooch during certain activities can result in various messages in the chatbox:
- When using an emote, the message will read "You're a little busy showing off right now."
- When wearing the bed sheet from Ghosts Ahoy, the message will read "You can't wear the brooch and the bedsheet at the same time."
- When doing an agility performance in Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza, the message will read "Bones don't balance well on tightropes."
- When playing a game of Great Orb Project, the message will read "You're here to collect orbs, not turn into bones."
- While in combat, the message will read "During a battle is rarely the right time for fashion experiments."
- When peddling at the Blast Furnace, the message will read "You don't think you could pedal effectively if you were just bones."
- During the 2011 easter event if you wear the brooch when standing where the roots of the evil trees spawn in the easter event area, the bones will "jump" away and you will unmorph.
- If you attempt to wear the bone brooch while you are stunned from picking pockets, your chatbox will state that you cannot transform while being bound by magic.
- If you attack a non-aggressive NPC, then immediately morph, your avatar appears to have bones falling out of it. This glitch can also be performed by "whacking" another player (with the rubber chicken or easter carrot) and quickly morphing.
- It is possible to teleport as a pile of bones if you morph, then quickly switch to the worn equipment tab, and right click any teleport jewellery. The jewellery's right click menu should stay open even while the avatar is in bone form. This works for most teleport jewellery - e.g. cabbage-port, the amulet of glory, etc.
- When opening the equipment screen, although the Bone brooch is worn-and there is the option to wear it, you get a message in your chat box saying that the Bone brooch can't be worn. This is because the Bone brooch is never actually worn, clicking on wear simply transforms you.
- There is a glitch when you cabbage port and repeatedly click the bone brooch, you will turn into bones instead of coming out of the cabbage.
- While in bone form, you will not die of thirst in the desert until you change back which, if left for awhile you will be immediately effected by thirst. This can be used to heal some life points.
- While in bone form vyrewatches will not notice you and demand a tithe (only the non-aggressive ones, not the ones near Burgh de Rott).
- If you morph in the Dorgeshuun caves without a light source, the message about the bugs biting you comes up in your chat box, but no damage is done until you unmorph.
- The bones you turn into look very similar to regular bones dropped by most NPCs, except you also drop with a skull.
- ^ Jagex. "Guaranteed Content: Halloween 2010 Reward (14-Jun-2010)". 14 June 2010. RuneScape Polls. *
- ^ Jagex. "Guaranteed Content - Halloween 2007 (18-Jun-2007)". 18 June 2007. RuneScape Polls. *
Easter egg • Bunny ears • Rubber chicken • Easter ring • Chicken set • Chocatrice cape • Easter carrot • Squirrel ears • Sunbeam crown • Icicle crown • Egg on face mask • Chocolate egg on face mask • Eggsterminator
Pumpkin • Halloween masks • Scythe • Zombie head • Jack lantern mask • Skeleton set • Grim reaper hood • Warlock / Witch costume • Web cloak • Eek • Bone brooch • Deathcon lanyard • Deathcon t-shirt • Hourglass • Sock mask • Buskin mask • Hallowed robes • Unhallowed robes • Ectoplasmator
Christmas cracker • Partyhats • Santa hat • Yo-yo • Hats and scarves • Marionettes • Wintumber tree • Reindeer hat • Snow globe • Santa costume • Ice amulet • Ghost costume • Candy cane • Salty claws hat • Heimland games souvenir • Christmas wand • Sparkles • Santa beard
|Cryptic Clue Fest|
Pumpkin Pete • Grim Reaper • Helga • Greta • Moira • Zabeth Corvid • Minstrel Web • Edgar • Allan • Muncher • Pink spider • Orange spider • Turquoise spider • Purple spider • Beige spider • Blue spider • Red spider • Green spider • White spider
Bone brooch • Puppet Master