|Release date||12 July 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||300 coins|
|Low alch||200 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||35 coins (info)|
|Examine||A strong vine with weights attached at both ends. Also a tripping hazard.|
Bolas are made using items gained from the Jadinko Lair. They can be made from 2 excrescence and a mutated vine, requiring 87 Fletching and giving 50 experience. They require a Ranged level of 76 to use. Even though Fletching is an assistable skill, Bolas can not be made via the Assist System.
Bolas will deal no damage to an enemy; they only restrain them. The effectiveness of this restraint depends on the target
- On another player, Bolas will hold the other player for 15 seconds. If the other player is using Protect or Deflect Missiles, the time is halved. If the player is wielding a slash weapon or has a knife in their inventory, the time would also be halved, and the two effects stack, cutting down the bind time to a minimum of 5 seconds.
- On NPCs, the Bolas generally hold them in place for only 10 seconds, but are highly accurate. All ranged abilities will cause a stun/bind when used with Bolas equipped.
In a PvP situation, Bolas are somewhat useless, due to the fact that if you are far enough away (11 squares) the target can move again.
Bolas are consumable weapons and are rarely retrievable; they cannot be picked up by Ava's Device.
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
- These are based on the real world throwing weapon of the same name. Similar to the bolas ability to restrain a target, the real world bolas are designed to entangle an animal's legs.
- There appears to be a metallic, hexagonal ring holding the bolas, despite that no metal is used in the process of making these. Though this may simply be a knot, as in traditional bolas.
- On the day of the release when making bolas using the Assist system, the player making the bolas would receive the experience instead of the one assisting.
- After an update, if you try to make Bolas through the Assist system, you will not be able to, even though fletching is an assistable skill. The message: "You cannot use the Assist System for this part of the fletching skill." will show.
- Bolas are the slowest Fletching item to make. Not considering the time it takes to collect the untradeable component, you can only make 10 sets of 1 bolas per click.
Other ranged weapons
|Dwarf multicannon • Snowball • Chinchompa • Red chinchompa • Holy water • Hand cannon (shot) • Sling • Kayle's sling • Sagaie • Bolas • Mud pie|