|Release date||12 July 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||300 coins|
|Low alch||200 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||46 coins (info)|
|Examine||A strong vine with weights attached at both ends. Also a tripping hazard.|
Bolas are made using items gained from the Jadinko Lair. They can be made from 2 excrescence and a mutated vine, requiring 87 Fletching and giving 50 experience. They require a Ranged level of 76 to use. Even though Fletching is an assistable skill, Bolas cannot be made via the Assist System.
Bolas will deal no damage to an enemy; they only restrain them. The effectiveness of this restraint depends on the target.
- On another player, Bolas will hold the other player for 15 seconds. If the other player is using Protect or Deflect Missiles, the time is halved. If the player is wielding a slash weapon or has a knife in their inventory, the time would also be halved, and the two effects stack, cutting down the bind time to a minimum of 5 seconds.
- On NPCs, the Bolas generally hold them in place for only 10 seconds, but are highly accurate. All ranged abilities will cause a stun/bind when used with Bolas equipped.
If you are far enough away (11 squares) the target can move again.
Bolas are consumable weapons and are rarely retrievable; they cannot be picked up by Ava's Device.
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
- These are based on the real world throwing weapon of the same name. Similar to the bolas ability to restrain a target, the real world bolas are designed to entangle an animal's legs.
- There appears to be a metallic, hexagonal ring holding the bolas, despite that no metal is used in the process of making these.
- On the day of the release when making bolas using the Assist system, the player making the bolas would receive the experience instead of the one assisting.
- After an update, if you try to make Bolas through the Assist system, you will not be able to, even though fletching is an assistable skill. The message: "You cannot use the Assist System for this part of the fletching skill." will show.
- Bolas are the slowest Fletching item to make. Not considering the time it takes to collect the untradeable component, you can only make 10 sets of 1 bolas per click.
Other ranged weapons
|Dwarf multicannon • Snowball • Chinchompa • Red chinchompa • Holy water • Hand cannon (shot) • Sling • Kayle's sling • Sagaie • Bolas • Mud pie|