|Release||12 July 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||300 coins|
|Low alch||200 coins|
|Exchange||244 coins (info)|
|Examine||A strong vine with weights attached at both ends. Also a tripping hazard.|
Bolas are thrown weapons made using items gained from the Jadinko Lair. They can be made from 2 excrescence and a mutated vine, requiring level 87 Fletching and giving 50 experience. They require level 76 Ranged. Even though Fletching is an assistable skill, bolas cannot be made via the Assist System.
When a bola is thrown as an auto-attack, it binds the NPC or player for around 10 seconds. It is possible to miss the bind as with other attacks from a weapon, although the bola seems to have high accuracy. Auto-attacks and abilities using a bola deal no damage. Interestingly, Fragmentation Shot always binds the target if it does not miss, but all other ranged abilities (excluding binding abilities) do not apply the bind.
Thrown bolas cannot be retrieved from the ground or by Ava's device.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||3.8%|
- Bolas are a thrown weapon designed to entangle an animal's legs.
- There appears to be a metallic, hexagonal ring holding the bolas, despite that no metal is used in the process of making these.
- On the day of the release when making bolas using the Assist system, the player making the bolas would receive the experience instead of the one assisting.
- Bolas are the slowest Fletching item to make, not considering the time it takes to collect the untradeable component.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, bolas held other players for 15 seconds, and the length would be halved if the enemy player was using Protect from Ranged or Deflect Missiles, and halved again if they were wielding or carrying a slashing weapon.
Main-hand thrown weapons