|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|Quest item?||The Knight's Sword|
|High Alch||120 coins|
|Low Alch||80 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A Faladian Knight's sword.|
A blurite sword is a weapon made during The Knight's Sword quest by giving two iron bars and a blurite ore to Thurgo the Imcando dwarf. The Blurite sword can only be obtained during the quest. There is no way to obtain it after, so some players decide to take two blurite ore and four iron bars to Thurgo to make a copy for themselves. Its stats are weaker than those of the bronze longsword.
If you go to Draynor Village and ask the Wise Old Man whether you should keep the blurite sword or not, he will say that it is "fairly nice" and "a decent weapon", but will also comment that you don't really need it and it would only be special to Sir Vyvin himself. He will then offer to buy it for six coins.
You used to wield the blurite sword in a different position than a normal sword or longsword. This has since been changed due to a hidden update.
A player wielding a blurite sword
|[view] • [talk]|
- Since it does not have a fuller, the Blurite sword would be considered a Type XVII on the Oakeshott Typology scale. [Arguably closer to an XV or XVIII]
- The Blurite Sword resembles the old design of the Decorative Swords from Castle Wars.
- Due to a hidden update, the stance of the Blurite Sword whilst being wielded has been changed to a regular swords' stance.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the accuracy of the blurite sword was the same as a steel longsword, but with only the strength of an iron longsword.
- If you look closely, on the counter of the Grand Exchange buildings, there seems to be a blurite sword on the counter.
|Mining and Smithing|
(m) stands for members only.