|Release||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|The tongue of evil.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|14 / 9 / 4|
|4 ticks (2.4s)|
Bloodveld are Slayer monsters requiring level 50 Slayer to kill. Aside from Slayer tasks, bloodveld are sometimes killed for their favourable green charm drop rate, otherwise they are rarely killed off-task.
God Wars DungeonEdit
The God Wars Dungeon is usually not a recommended place to kill bloodveld. There are 3 close together near the Zamorak entrance area and 4 close together in the Zamorak area. You also need God-related items to protect yourself from them and other monsters. There are always spiritual warriors and spiritual mages killing Zamorakians there. The ones located here are weak to Water spells. The nearest bank is in Burthorpe. Although slower to kill, bloodveld give significantly more slayer xp per kill at the God Wars Dungeon. The Troll Stronghold quest must be partially completed to access this area.
Bloodvelds in the God Wars Dungeon will not be aggressive if a player is wearing a zamorakian item.
The Slayer Tower is a popular choice for those who have not completed Legacy of Seergaze. There are several bloodveld spawns on the 1st floor[ of the tower, in the south-west corner. The nearest bank is Canifis. Bloodveld here cannot be ]cannoned.
The level 61 bloodveld will give 37 Slayer experience on a normal contract and 44 experience on a special contract, while the level 68 bloodveld will give 84 experience on contract and 101 experience on a special contract.
The Meiyerditch Dungeon is an alternative place to kill bloodveld. Mutated bloodveld, a stronger variant, can be found here along with regular bloodveld. Because of this, the regular bloodveld are usually ignored. Always watch out for skeletal hands or zombie hands that drop from the ceiling or appear from the ground. Teleport to the Meiyerditch Dungeon using Drakan's medallion and run through the passage to the bloodveld spawns. A mask of Crimson, helm of Blood, mask of Broken Fingers, or helm of the Dead Hand can also be used to teleport there. The ones found here are weak to fire spells.
|Represents a 90% confidence range.|
Based on a sample of 264,074 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
Add data to the log
|Off-hand mithril scimitar||1||Common||1,750|
|Off-hand steel battleaxe||1||Common||300|
|Grimy dwarf weed||1||Rare||3,639|
|Big bones||4 (noted)||Uncommon||1,528|
|Iron ore||2 (noted)||Uncommon||734|
|Rare drop table||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Frozen key piece (zamorak)||1||Random||Not sold|
|Warpriest of Zamorak helm||1||Varies||Not sold|
|Warpriest of Zamorak cuirass||1||Varies||Not sold|
|Warpriest of Zamorak greaves||1||Varies||Not sold|
|Warpriest of Zamorak gauntlets||1||Varies||Not sold|
|Warpriest of Zamorak boots||1||Varies||Not sold|
|Warpriest of Zamorak cape||1||Varies||Not sold|
- ^ Only in Zamorak's Fortress.
- ^ a b c d e f Only dropped in the God Wars Dungeon.
- ^ a b c d e f Players who previously bought this in the Battle of Lumbridge will have a greater chance of receiving this as a drop.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
A ring of wealth or collector's insignia are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||209,700–256,300|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||15,109|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||23,380|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||617,625–754,875|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||555,975–926,625|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||62,930|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,102,680–1,347,720|
|Vecna skull||1||Very rare||73,982|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||454,220–573,016|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||128,895–162,606|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||47,625–66,675|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||12,555–15,345|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||229,500–280,500|
|Big bones||72–90 (noted)||Uncommon||27,504–34,380|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||288,900–353,100|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||11,070–13,530|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||173,880–212,520|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||38,654–44,176|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||372,735–455,565|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||951,390–1,162,810|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||41,910|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||628,650–768,350|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||496,620–606,980|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||399,420–488,180|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||262,665–321,035|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||141,615–173,085|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||13,370–15,280|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||1,143,110|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||12,330–15,070|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||138,600–169,400|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||112,050–136,950|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||33,795–41,305|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||602,100–735,900|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- Although bloodveld are weak to thrown weapons, if you get them as a slayer task and ask Duradel or Kuradal for tips, they will claim that fire spells work well against them (which is true for mutated bloodveld but not others).
- Bloodveld are loyal to Zamorak, as shown in the God Wars Dungeon.
- This is strange, as bloodveld are Chthonian and Zamorak led the Avernic demons in an uprising against the Chthonians. It could be that the bloodveld betrayed the other Chthonians and followed Zamorak because they, like the Avernic, were kept as slaves and/or pets (much like the way vampyres now keep them).
- Bloodveld are one of the only two types of demon to drop bones rather than ashes, the other being hellhounds.
- The examine text of bloodveld is very similar to the examine text of the dust devil, basilisk, and rockslug. The bloodveld is "the tongue of evil", the dust devil is "the vacuumed face of evil", the basilisk is "the eyes of evil" and the rockslug "the slime of evil."
- The bloodveld seems to attack twice in a row but it only attacks once, as seen on the hitsplats.
- Vampyres keep bloodveld as pets, in a similar fashion to the way in which humans keep dogs. Harold, who belongs to Vanstrom Klause is one example, as are Grigan Kaninus' bloodveld younglings.
- In the Postbag from the Hedge 12, their tongues are likened to that of KISS bassist Gene Simmons, a rock star who himself has an unusually long tongue.