|Release date||31 August 2011 (Update)|
|Quest item?||The Branches of Darkmeyer|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A stake, carved from the blisterwood tree.|
Blisterwood stakes are throwing weapons fletched from blisterwood logs released as a reward along with the blisterwood staff and the blisterwood polearm from The Branches of Darkmeyer. All three weapons require 70 Fletching to make. The stakes require 70 Ranged. You can receive strange rocks from making these weapons. Their stats are higher than dragon darts, but they currently do not have an off-hand counterpart.
While they are very useful for general ranging due to their speed and strength, along with the ease of obtaining them, their primary use is for dispatching vyrewatch. The stakes seem to have a certain minimum hit, although they can still miss. They only hit less when the vyre is on his/her last bit of health.
Blisterwood stakes become more effective against vyres with every 50 vyrewatch corpses burned, to a maximum of 500.
Despite having no discernible metallic parts, blisterwood stakes can still be recovered by wearing one of Ava's devices.
A player wielding a blisterwood stake
|[view] • [talk]|
- Despite being essentially a dart-type weapon, blisterwood stakes are held pointing in the wrong direction (opposite from the way they would be thrown, and from the way other darts are held). This is also the case when attacking; The stakes are thrown backwards by the player, but appear to be in the correct position as a projectile.
- These can be made on Entrana by smuggling blisterwood logs and knife to the island and making it there.
- Blisterwood Stakes used to not harm Vyrewatch when used with abilities, this was a bug and has been fixed. Interestingly, Binding Shot still stunned Vyrewatch as normal, and Momentum also augmented damage as usual.
- In order to get maximum efficiency when killing vyrewatch, a player would want to use the curse Anguish or the lower-level counterpart Rigour, super/extreme ranging or overload potions, high-levelled ranged gear and have the maximum number of vyrewatch burnt. When used in conjunction with Momentum, a player can dispatch vyrelords and vyreladies with 2-3 hits, generally hitting 1000-2000 with each stake. A player can stay for a very long period of time if they camp near the altar using this method in tandom with Soul Split.
- ^ Mod Ana. "Ivandis Flail". 01-Sep-2011 12:37:57. RuneScape Forums. *
Bronze bolts (unf) • • Blurite bolts (unf) • Silver bolts (unf) • Iron bolts (unf) • Steel bolts (unf) • Mithril bolts (unf) • Adamant bolts (unf) • Runite bolts (unf) • Abyssalbane bolts (unf) • Basiliskbane bolts (unf) • Dragonbane bolts (unf) • Wallasalkibane bolts (unf)
|Gem bolt tips|
Log-splitting scrimshaw (superior) • Rock-crushing scrimshaw (superior) • Tree-shaking scrimshaw (superior) • Gem-finding scrimshaw (superior) • Scrimshaw of vampyrism (superior) • Scrimshaw of strength (superior) • Scrimshaw of the elements (superior) • Scrimshaw of magic (superior) • Scrimshaw of cruelty (superior) • Scrimshaw of ranging (superior)