|Release date||31 August 2011 (Update)|
|Quest item?||The Branches of Darkmeyer|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A polearm, carved from the blisterwood tree.|
The blisterwood polearm is a two-handed melee weapon released as a reward along with the Blisterwood staff and the Blisterwood stakes from The Branches of Darkmeyer. All three weapons require 70 Fletching to make. The polearm requires 70 Attack. It is made by having two silver sickles and blisterwood logs in your inventory and then fletching the polearm. Blessed silver sickles cannot be used as a substitute for the silver sickles. Strange rocks may occasionally be found when making these.
These weapons are the only type that can kill the Vyrewatch, Vyrelords or ladies and Vanstrom Klause. These weapons are also more effective against other types of Vampires, like Vampire Juvinates. But these creatures are already at such a low level once Blisterwood weapons are unlocked, that it isn't really worth noting.
The stats are considerably better than the basic Ivandis flail, as it hits both harder and more often than the flail does. On the flip side, the polearm has a shorter reach than the flail and deals crush damage rather than slash, but this doesn't seem to make much of a difference as there are currently no vyrewatch weak to either slashing or crushing weapons.
The polearm, being a Blisterwood weapon, also earns bonus damage when used against vampyres, especially when used during the fight with Vanstrom Klause, being able to hit 1600+ damage during his flight phase.
The polearm is also one of the few weapons that does not have its damage output halved by the Corporeal Beast, as it is considered a spear.
Cremating vyre corpses visibly increases the max hit of the 3 Blisterwood weapons, similar to the invisible stat boosts of the Ivandis Flail. The polearm, like all Blisterwood weapons, becomes more effective against vyres with every 50 vyrewatch corpses burned, to a maximum of 500.
Despite the fact that it's meant to be used against the vyrewatch, it can be used as an effective weapon in pvp situations.
A player wielding a blisterwood polearm
|[view] • [talk]|
- Even though it has the Combat style of a Halberd, the rest seems to be regarded as a Spear. For example; its effect on the Corporeal Beast; its Attack speed; being two-handed but not able to safe-spot one square way from the target, like a halberd can.
- The Max hitsplat for the Blisterwood polearm occurs when the maximum damage that can be hit with the polearm given the player's current stats and equipment without burning any vyres is achieved - generally, this is about 550 for maxed players. Players who have burnt enough vyre corpses may notice that all hits higher than that damage level will not have a max colouration, even though these hits can go above 1000. This is probably due to the max hitsplat colouration being unable to take into account the invisible damage boosts of the vyre corpse burning effect on Blisterwood weapons.
- The Blisterwood polearm appears very similar to a weapon in season 7 of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
- When attacking with the polearm whilst on a free to play world, the player will perform a jumping kick, similar to that of the Staff of Light.
- The polearm has an immensely high damage output, equivalent to Barrows melee weapons, and almost matching that of a Godsword .
- ^ Mod Ana. "Ivandis Flail". 01-Sep-2011 12:37:57. RuneScape Forums. *
Bronze bolts (unf) • • Blurite bolts (unf) • Silver bolts (unf) • Iron bolts (unf) • Steel bolts (unf) • Mithril bolts (unf) • Adamant bolts (unf) • Runite bolts (unf) • Abyssalbane bolts (unf) • Basiliskbane bolts (unf) • Dragonbane bolts (unf) • Wallasalkibane bolts (unf)
|Gem bolt tips|
Log-splitting scrimshaw (superior) • Rock-crushing scrimshaw (superior) • Tree-shaking scrimshaw (superior) • Gem-finding scrimshaw (superior) • Scrimshaw of vampyrism (superior) • Scrimshaw of cruelty (superior) • Scrimshaw of the elements (superior) • Scrimshaw of magic (superior) • Scrimshaw of strength (superior) • Scrimshaw of ranging (superior)