|Release date||31 August 2011 (Update)|
|Quest item||The Branches of Darkmeyer|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A polearm, carved from the blisterwood tree.|
The blisterwood polearm is a two-handed melee weapon released as a reward along with the Blisterwood staff and the Blisterwood stakes from The Branches of Darkmeyer. All three weapons require 70 Fletching to make. The polearm requires 70 Attack. It is made by having two silver sickles and blisterwood logs in your inventory and then fletching the polearm. Blessed silver sickles cannot be used as a substitute for the silver sickles. Strange rocks may occasionally be found when making these.
Blisterwood polearms and Ivandis flails are the only melee type weapons that can kill the Vyrewatch, Vyrelords or ladies and Vanstrom Klause. These weapons are also more effective against other types of Vampires, like Vampire Juvinates, but these creatures are already at such a low level once Blisterwood weapons are unlocked, that killing them isn't worth anything.
The stats are considerably better than the basic Ivandis flail, as it hits both harder and more often than the flail does. On the flip side, the polearm has a shorter reach than the flail and deals crush damage rather than slash, but this doesn't seem to make much of a difference as there are currently no vyrewatch weak to either slashing or crushing weapons (though the Juvinates encountered in Temple Trekking are weak against slash).
The polearm, being a Blisterwood weapon, also earns bonus damage when used against vampyres, especially when used during the fight with Vanstrom Klause, being able to hit very high damage during his flight phase.
The polearm is also one of the few weapons that does not have its damage output halved by the Corporeal Beast, as it is considered a spear.
Cremating vyre corpses increases the max hit of the 3 Blisterwood weapons when used against vyres, similar to the invisible stat boosts of the Ivandis Flail. The polearm, like all Blisterwood weapons, becomes more effective against vyres with every 50 vyrewatch corpses burned, to a maximum of 500.
Despite the fact that it's meant to be used against the vyrewatch, it is still a rather effective weapon in PvP and PvM situations for those who cannot afford more expensive weapons, equivalent to Barrows melee weapons, and almost matching that of a Godsword.
A player wielding a blisterwood polearm
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
- Despite being a polearm, it was once considered to be a maul by some elements of its programming, as it was affected by the Icyenic or Infernal Greathammer overrides. It is also, however, regarded as a spear, as evidenced by its effect on the Corporeal Beast.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, when attacking with the polearm whilst on a free to play world, the player would perform a jumping kick, similar to that of the Staff of Light. Following the EoC, however, players can no longer attack while wielding a members' weapon on a free to play world.
- There is currently a glitch where the polearm's accuracy rating sometimes appears to be 110.
- Until July 2013, players could cast high-alchemy on noted polearms, giving 15,600 coins, but this was patched by Jagex.
- Because silver sickles are very cheap to buy, the Blisterwood polearm and its dual-wielded counterparts are ideal for dangerous PvP combat.
- ^ Mod Ana. "Ivandis Flail." 01-Sep-2011 12:37:57. RuneScape Forums.
|Gem bolt tips||