|Release date||2 May 2017 (Update)|
|Adrenaline||0 or 8%|
|Leap towards your specified location, spinning your blades around you as you land. Dealing 125% weapon damage to all enemies adjacent to or on-top of your specified tile. If any hit enemies die within 6 seconds of you hitting them, the cooldown of bladed dive gets reset.|
Click animation for full size
Bladed Dive is a basic Attack ability that can be bought from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 63,000,000 shattered anima. It has a base ability damage of 25%-125%. This is the same base damage as Barge, another movement-based melee ability. Bladed Dive does not share a cooldown with any other ability. As with Barge and Surge, this ability is affected by the Mobile perk, bringing the cooldown and possible adrenaline gain down to 10 seconds and 0% respectively.
The ability will cause the player to leap towards the specified location, spinning the player's blades around them as they land, dealing damage to all nearby enemies. Choosing an attackable target instead of an empty tile will result in leaping next to the target, rather than on the same tile as the target.
Bladed Dive may be used outside of the global cooldown; however, it will not deal any damage and no adrenaline will be gained. This is likely for balance reasons so that players do not get "free" adrenaline and damage every 20 seconds, or every time Bladed Dive is reset. For the same reason, using Bladed Dive in this manner will not trigger Impatient.
Despite its low damage, Bladed Dive deals area of effect (AoE) damage within a 1 tile radius. In terms of overall damage however, two-handed melee abilities are still capable of significantly more damage against multiple targets. Therefore, the most likely uses of this ability are purely mobility-related, or to replace Slice in single-target situations, or to be used in-between two abilities as a result of being usable at nearly any time.
Landing next to a non-attackable NPC produces the error message: "You cannot attack that NPC." A feature (such as a Portable deposit box) will give the standard "Nothing interesting happens" message, even if the feature can normally be walked through.
All hatchets and pickaxes, as well as the (enhanced) Yaktwee stick, are all considered to be melee weapons. Thus, it is possible to equip one with an augmented off-hand melee weapon with the Mobile perk, thereby freeing up armour slots for skilling outfits. This will also reduce the cooldown of Surge and Bladed Dive. Further, because of the aforementioned cooldown reduction, these two abilities can be used near-seamlessly in tandem with each other to maximise speed while moving between skilling nodes, including reaching the Mage of Zamorak while crafting runes through the Abyss.
Bladed Dive currently suffers from the following bugs:
- The ability will not actually enter global cooldown, although the ability's icon will appear to indicate that it does. In conjunction with this, if other abilities are already on the global cooldown, their global cooldowns will not be refreshed by this ability.
- Bladed Dive can be used while stunned. Because Kalphite King's "beetlejuice" (instant kill) attack stuns without binding, Bladed Dive can be used to escape it.
- Before it was fixed, attempting to use this ability from the quintary action bar would fail.
- Before 22 May 2017, it was possible to use Bladed Dive to escape from bind. It is no longer possible to escape binds, but Bladed Dive still ignores stuns.
- After the patches on 26 June 2017, Bladed Dive no longer deals any damage when used outside the global cooldown.