Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||18 October 2004 (Update)|
|High alch||390 coins|
|Low alch||260 coins|
|Exchange||647 coins (info)|
|Examine||A black tipped spear.|
To obtain a black spear, a player can buy one from another player, buy it from the Grand Exchange, receive it as a monster drop, receive it as a gift from turning vampyre juvinates into humans, or from looting a chest in the shade catacombs of Mort'ton while participating in the Shades of Mort'ton minigame. Like all black weapons, this requires an attack level of 25.
During Tai Bwo Wannai Trio, the black spear may be used with poison karambwan paste to create the black spear (kp). The (kp) spear has no use after the quest, but can be cleaned with a cleaning cloth to get back the black spear.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Black key black||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Black key brown||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Black key crimson||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Black key purple||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Black key red||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Bronze key black||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Bronze key brown||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Bronze key crimson||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Bronze key purple||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Bronze key red||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Silver key black||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Silver key brown||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Silver key crimson||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Silver key purple||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Silver key red||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Steel key black||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Steel key brown||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Steel key crimson||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Steel key purple||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Steel key red||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Vampyre Juvinate||58; 61; 63; 84||1||Rare|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||72.5%|
|1 × Knightly components||100%|
- There is no white spear. This makes the black spear one of only a few pieces of black equipment that has no white equivalent.
- There used to be glitch in which if the player didn't have the 10 Attack requirement to wield the spear and attempts to wield it, a message in the chat box would appear saying: 'You need a Ranged level of 10.'
- Originally, although other metal spears had an attack speed of 5, the black spear only had an attack speed of 4. This was most likely an oversight by Jagex that occurred when they first increased the attack speed of spears with the release of Barrows.
- When poisoned however, the black spear had the correct attack speed of 5.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this item only required 10 Attack to wield. Now it requires 25 Attack.