- This weapon has an off-hand variant.
|Release date||December 8, 2001 (Update)|
|High Alch||460 coins|
|Low Alch||307 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||1,247 coins (info)|
|Examine||A vicious, curved sword.|
There is a free respawn in Ardougne Castle, on the first floor at the southern staircase.
Before an update in early 2009, the black scimitar was behind a locked door which needed to be right-clicked and Pick lock selected, requiring 61 Thieving. The door was moved further east to reach a Thieving Paladin chest. Furthermore, the black scimitar used to be located on a bed until it was removed on the 14th of August 2012.
How to steal the black scimitar:
- Search the doors on the floor King Lathas is on. It may take several tries to open the door.
- Search the chest for traps. If it says "The chest has already been looted", it means someone else has already collected it or is empty.
- Search the other room (if you got the wrong chest). Search it carefully for traps, as it can hit for 100-300 damage if not searched. This requires 72 Thieving.
A player wielding a black scimitar
|[view] • [talk]|
- A black scimitar costs more than a Mithril scimitar due to its relative rarity.
- After the Evolution of Combat was released, it requires 25 attack to wield. It only required 10 attack before the update.
(m) stands for members only.