|Release||20 December 2013 (Update)|
|High alch||96 coins|
|Low alch||64 coins|
|Exchange||1,336,411,059 coins (info)|
|It's a black Santa hat.|
The black Santa hat is a tradeable discontinued item players were able to obtain during the 15 Days of Christmas mini-event, starting on 20 December 2013, ending on 3 January 2014. The hat could be obtained by pulling a festive cracker, with a drop chance of 1 in 2000. Wearing Christmas themed items increased the chance of crackers dropping while training any skill by 20% for each festive item equipped (for a maximum of 120% increased chance).
During the 15 Days of Christmas in 2013, this item, along with other Christmas-themed equipment, were given the hybrid style of combat, and stats that scaled with the player's levels. This was so players could use these items in combat to assist in hunting for festive crackers during the event.
|[view] • [talk]|
The Grand Exchange price of black Santa hats rose from 200 million coins upon release on 17 December 2013 to an initial peak of nearly 267 million on 24 December. After reaching this peak, the price started to fall, possibly on market sentiment as to its appearance and scarcity, to a low of just under 230 million on 29 December. After the Twitter remark by Mod Pip that "so far only a tenth of Santa Hats in the game are the new Black Santa Hat type" on 30 December, the price of the black hats rapidly made up lost ground and was trading at 380 million on World 2 by 2 January 2014. From 10 to 17 December 2015 its price was at a peak of 988,760,299. As of 21 March 2016, the black santa hat's value has reached 1,000,000,000.
- Before its release, Mod Matthe transformed his character into a black Santa hat and moved around Lumbridge, showing the item's appearance to players.
- When a player received a black Santa hat from a festive cracker, special fireworks would appear above the player and a server-wide announcement was made, saying: Someone pulled their festive cracker and received a black Santa hat!
- The black Santa hat is the most valuable discontinued item to be released since 2002, and is one of only two modern discontinued items (the other being the holly wreath) to surpass the values of the h'ween masks and the original Santa hat.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- ^ Jagex. Mod Michelle's Twitter account. 20 December 2013. Mod Michelle: "it was me, yes. Pretty sure the 10,000 came from someone reading the drop table reference wrongly"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Pips's Twitter account. 30 December 2013. Mod Pips: "Incoming stat fact: so far only a tenth of Santa Hats in the game are the new Black Santa Hat type... 5 days left to try and get one!"
|Hats and beards||